John Barry The Lion in Winter [Original Sound Track Recording]
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by John Barry ~ Dances with Wolves (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Expanded Version) ~ $7.19
- by Soundtrack ~ Exodus [Original Soundtrack] ~ $8.29
- by Maurice Jarre ~ Lawrence of Arabia [Silva] ~ $15.28
- The Lion in Winter ~ $10.84
- by Ennio Morricone ~ The Mission [Original Soundtrack] ~ $12.14
- Released: March 14, 1995
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Main Title / The Lion In Winter
- 2.Chinon / Eleanor's Arrival
- 3.Allons Gai Gai Gai
- 4.To The Chapel
- 5.The Christmas Wine
- 6.God Damn You
- 7.To Rome
- 8.The Herb Garden
- 9.Eya, Eya, Nova Gaudia
- 10.How Beautiful You Make Me
- 11.Media Vita In Morte Sumus (In The Midst Of Life We Are In Death)
- 12.We're Jungle Creatures
All music written by John Barry.
This is a digital recording of the complete 1968 score for THE LION IN WINTER.
Original score composed by John Barry.
Performed by The City Of Prague Philharmonic; Crouch End Festival Chorus; Nic Raine, David Temple (conductor).
Recorded at Smecky Studios, Prague, Czechslovakia and Sony Music Studios, London, England in April 2001. Includes liner notes by Terry Walstrom.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using HDCD technology.
Liner Note Author: Didier C. Deutsch.
Recording information: Cine Tele Sound Studios, London, England (08/1968).
Photographer: E.J. Camp.
Arguably his most ambitious and fully realized work, John Barry's original score to THE LION IN WINTER builds on the instrumental textures and dynamic tensions that characterize his earlier work (the James Bond films and BORN FREE, most notably), but goes beyond them to open a whole new chapter in the composer's evolution. Barry's music seems era-appropriate, yet contemporary, rooted in the dark, Gothic atmosphere of the Middle Ages, and drawing on the period majesty and influence of the Catholic church, the regal air of the period (the film takes place in 12th Century France during the reign of Henry II), and the turbulent emotions of the main character.
Employing a full chorus, Barry uses pentatonic Gregorian chants and Latin texts to ground the music historically, yet counterbalances these with modern-sounding chromatic scales, and passages that combine woodwinds, strings, brass, and percussion. Barry also uses the chorus for scene-specific drama, conjuring beautiful floating harmonies that echo events or emotions. A work of great complexity that supports the film perfectly, yet holds its own as an independent piece of music, A LION IN WINTER may be Barry's finest hour, and it won the Academy Award for Best Original Musical Score.
Bond - The Man with the Golden Gun (Special 007 Ed.) (WS) (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Bond - The Living Daylights (Special 007 Ed.) (WS) (DVD)
$5.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 51,820
- UPC: 886972454122
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Rock & Pop: Film Composers Music Categories:
- Aaron Zigman The Ugly Truth [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (CD) ~ $17.08
Bryan Adams / Hans Zimmer Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (Music from the Original Motion Picture) (CD) ~
$9.72 Super Savings
Woody Allen Woody Allen More Movie Music (CD) ~
$7.64 Super Savings
- Alvin & the Chipmunks Alvin and the Chipmunks [Original Soundtrack] (CD) ~ $5.38
Michael Andrews Donnie Darko [Original Motion Picture Score] (CD) ~
$12.87 Super Savings