- Released: April 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Rolling Stone - 1/18/01, pp.59-603 stars out of 5
- "...A monster mash....Hard rockers from Powerman 5000 to Linkin Park get into the vampire spirit....The highlight comes sourtesy of primordial Satanists Slayer, who deliver minimal, raw-meat riffage on 'Bloodline'..."
- 1.Ultra Mega - Powerman 5000
- 2.Welcome Burden, A - Disturbed
- 3.Bloodline - Slayer
- 4.Metro - System of a Down
- 5.Heads Explode - Monster Magnet
- 6.Break You Down - Godhead / Marilyn Manson
- 7.One Step Closer - Linkin Park
- 8.Avoid the Light - Pantera
- 9.Ostego Undead - Static-X
- 10.Swan Dive - P.E. (hed)
- 11.Day by Day - Taproot
- 12.Malice - Endo
- 13.Blind World - Flybanger
- 14.Sober - Half Cocked
- 15.Your Disease - Saliva
Producers include: Josh Abraham, Vinnie Paul, Matt Hyde, Johnny K, Ulrich Wild.
Compilation producers: Andy Gould, Ed Gaerrard, Denise Luiso, Randy Spendlove.
The soundtrack to the first Dracula movie of the new millennium is certainly something for metalheads to sink their teeth into. Any fan of heavy or industrial music will want to pick this up and grab one as a gift for a fellow headbanger, too.
Powerman 5000 kicks off the album in high gear and speedy fashion with the appropriately named "Ultra Mega," while Slayer, the band that practically invented metal brutality, does what it does best on "Bloodline". A deep, funky bassline propels System Of A Down's punky "Metro," and Monster Magnet, always up for a phat groove, contributes a fierce drum shuffle on the hook laden "Heads Explode." Godhead and Marilyn Manson team up and show their angst on "Break You Down," which should wreck your speakers quite nicely, and Pantera introduce "Avoid the Light" with a pretty acoustic piece, before launching into the massive riffs and double bass drums usually associated with their sound. (Hed) P.E. are geared for radio play with "Swan Dive", a by turns jazzy and then heavy singalong. Finally Flybanger carry the flag high for modern metal, giving us a sample of their upcoming album with tight harmonies and riffs on "Blind World".