Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (Widescreen) ~ $5.21
- by Various Artists ~ Practical Magic [#2] ~ $15.53
- by Soundtrack ~ You've Got Mail [Original Soundtrack] ~ $7.79
- Released: May 28, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - 7/25/02, p.754 stars out of 5 - "...Tasteful but unrestrained....Sexy yet sad..."
Entertainment Weekly - 5/31/02, pp.105-6"...Spunky and fiesty...It's like taking a drive along Route 66 and stopping into every roadhouse along the way to sample the its music..." - Rating: B+e
- 1.Assi Dans La Fenetre De Ma Chambre - Blind Uncle Gaspard
- 2.Drug State - Jade Vincent
- 3.Found Love - Jimmy Reed
- 4.C'est Si Triste - Ann Savoy
- 5.Lulu Revenue Dans La Village - Ann Savoy
- 6.C'est Un Peche De Dire - Ann Savoy
- 7.I Want To Be Your Mother's Son-In-Law - Macy Gray
- 8.Keeping Out Of Mischief Now - Taj Mahal
- 9.Little Rain - Jimmy Reed
- 10.Ain't That Lovin' You Baby - Jimmy Reed
- 11.Dimming Of The Day - Richard & Linda Thompson
- 12.Selah - Lauryn Hill
- 13.Got Love If You Want It - Slim Harpo
- 14.Lonely Avenue - Ray Charles
- 15.Sitting At The Window Of My Room - Alison Krauss
- 16.Walk In Jerusalem - Mahalia Jackson
- 17.If Yesterday Could Only Be Tomorrow - Tony Bennett
- 18.Waiting For You - Bob Dylan
- 19.World Exploded Into Love, The - Bob Schneider
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar); Ann Savoy (vocals, acoustic guitar); Macy Gray, Alison Krauss, Richard Thompson, Taj Mahal, Tony Bennett (vocals); Keith Fiddmont (alto, saxophone); Danny House (alto); Joe Sublett (tenor); Larry Campbell (guitar, lap steel guitar, fiddle); Gray Sargent, Fred Tackett, Charlie Sexton (guitar); Colin Linden (acoustic guitar, dobro); Ron Block (acoustic guitar); Jerry Douglas (lap steel guitar); David Mansfield (hammer dulcimer, viola); Ronald Folsom, Marc Sazer, Mario de Le¢n, Joel Derouin, Patricia Johnson , Sid Page, Natalie Leggett, Darius Campo, Berj Garabedian, Polly Sweeney, Charlie Bisharat (violin); Dan Neufeld, Carrie Holzman-Little, Robert Becker, Jennie Hansen (viola); Jodi Burnett, Larry Corbett, Dane Little, Steve Richards (cello); Emily Bernstein (clarinet); Jonathan Clark (oboe); Rose Corrigan (bassoon); Herman Riley (saxophone, tenor saxophone); Darrell Leonard, Leslie Drayton, Oscar Brashear, John Thomas (trumpet); George Bohannon, Ira Nepus (trombone); Maurice Spears (bass trombone); John A. Reynolds (horns); Keith Ciancia (piano, keyboards, loops); Patrick Warren, Tom Canning, Lee Musiker (piano); Willie Ornelas, George Receli, Clayton Cameron, Stephen Hodges, Carla Azar (drums); Jim Keltner (percussion, loops).
Audio Mixers: Christopher Shaw ; Joel Moss ; Mike Piersante.
Arrangers: T-Bone Burnett; Darrell Leonard; David Mansfield ; Mahalia Jackson; Ann Savoy.
For the screen adaptation of the Rebecca Wells novel of the same name, Director and Soundtrack Executive Producer Callie Khouri rightly chose music reflecting the southern setting of this story. To that end, the DIVINE SECRETS OF THE YA-YA SISTERHOOD soundtrack finds O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? mastermind T-Bone Burnett steering this ship. Burnett's guidance through 19 cuts worth of Cajun, blues, folk, and gospel includes odd bedfellows Mahalia Jackson, Lauryn Hill, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles, and Acadian treasure Ann Savoy--who delivers three French-language numbers including the surprisingly upbeat "C'est Si Triste." Blues great Jimmy Reed plays a prominent role with three cuts including the tasty shuffle "Found Love," the light-driving jam "Ain't That Lovin' You Baby?," and the slow stroll "Little Rain." Reed peer Slim Harpo also appears with his signature "I Got Love If You Want It," while Taj Mahal delivers a supper-club version of Fats Waller's "Keepin' Out Of Mischief Now." Other impressive covers include Macy Gray's straight-forward, bouncy take on Billie Holiday's "I Want To Be Your Mother's Son-In-Law," and Tony Bennett's after-hours rendition of Nat "King" Cole's "If Yesterday Could Only Be Tomorrow." DIVINE SECRETS lets T-Bone Burnett once again successfully throw open the doors to America's rich musical history.
Hawaiian Eye (Original Music & Stars From The TV Show) (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 45 ratings.
Based on 45 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!