Cinderella [Rodgers and Hammerstein's] [1957 TV Soundtrack][Bonus Tracks]
by Various Artists
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 18, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Sony
- 1.Cinderella, television musical: Overture
- 2.Cinderella, television musical: In My Own Little Corner
- 3.Cinderella, television musical: The Prince Is Giving a Ball
- 4.Cinderella, television musical: Royal Dressing Room Scene
- 5.Cinderella, television musical: In My Own Little Corner (reprise)
- 6.Cinderella, television musical: Impossible, It's Possible
- 7.Cinderella, television musical: Gavotte
- 8.Cinderella, television musical: Ten Minutes Ago
- 9.Cinderella, television musical: Stepsisters' Lament
- 10.Cinderella, television musical: Waltz for a Ball
- 11.Cinderella, television musical: Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful?
- 12.Cinderella, television musical: When You're Driving Through the Moonlight
- 13.Cinderella, television musical: A Lovely Night
- 14.Cinderella, television musical: The Search
- 15.Cinderella, television musical: The Wedding
- 16.Cinderella, television musical: Mother and Daughter March
- 17.Cinderella, television musical: In My Own Little Corner
- 18.Cinderella, television musical: Waltz for a Ball
- 19.Cinderella, television musical: A Lovely Night
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This 1999 reissue contains four previously unreleased demos performed by Julie Andrews with piano accompaniment by Richard Rodgers.
Principal cast includes: Julie Andrews (Cinderella), Dorothy Stickney (The Queen), Howard Lindsay (The King), Ilka Chase (Stepmother), Kaye Ballard (Stepsister Portia), Alice Ghostley (Stepsister Joy), John Cypher (The Prince), Edith Adams (Fairy Godmother).
Producer: Goddard Lieberson.
Reissue producers: Didier C. Deutsch, Darcy M. Proper.
Engineers: Fred Plaut, Robert Waller, Anthony Janek.
Recorded at Columbia 30th Street Studio, New York, New York on March 19, 1957. Includes liner notes by Didier C. Deutsch.
Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Darcy M. Proper.
Music composed by Richard Rodgers. Lyrics written by Oscar Hammerstein II.
Perhaps Rodgers & Hammerstein's most seen but least performed musical, Cinderella was written for and played on television, for only one, non-taped time, on March 31, 1957, resulting in the largest TV audience in history up to that time. The typically lovely music and affecting lyrics softened some of the harder aspects of the fairy tale, and Julie Andrews (then a new Broadway star appearing in My Fair Lady) gave a wonderful performance in the title role. This recording features the TV cast and was made a couple of weeks before the broadcast. The score features memorable songs such as "Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful." The work was so successful that it was mounted again in 1964 with Lesley Ann Warren and in 1997 with Brandy. But neither surpassed Andrews. The 1999 CD reissue adds four bonus tracks drawn from promotional records sent out to radio stations in advance of the broadcast: Richard Rodgers plays piano versions of "Mother and Daughter March" and "Waltz for a Ball," and conducts an orchestra accompanying Andrews on "In My Own Little Corner" and "A Lovely Night." ~ William Ruhlmann
SoundtrackThoroughly Modern Millie [1967 Original Soundtrack]
$9.72 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 31 ratings.
Based on 31 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Mary Poppins [Remastered Original Soundtrack / Bonus Tracks] (CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE