- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 1/01, p.1203 out of 5 stars
- "...A fun, upbeat collection..."
- 1.Independent Women Part 1 - Destiny's Child
- 2.Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel - Tavares
- 3.You Make Me Feel Like Dancing - Leo Sayer
- 4.True - Spandau Ballet
- 5.Dot - Destiny's Child
- 6.Baby Got Back - Sir Mix-A-Lot
- 7.Angel's Eye - Aerosmith
- 8.Barracuda - Heart
- 9.Turning Japanese - The Vapors
- 10.Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) - Looking Glass
- 11.Got To Give It Up (Part 1) - Marvin Gaye
- 12.Ya Mama - Fatboy Slim
- 13.Groove Is In The Heart - Deee-Lite
- 14.Charlie's Angels 2000 - Apollo Four Forty
- 15.Tangerine Speedo - Caviar
"Independent Women Part I" was nominated for the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media.
It's surprising that it took until 2000 for a film version of the '70s TV series CHARLIE'S ANGELS to appear. Three dazzlingly beautiful female crimefighters; its a marketing department's dream, no? The film's soundtrack is a pop fan's dream. The selections are all over the stylistic map, and agreeably so. There's the insanely catchy new wave of one-hit wonders the Vapors ("Turning Japanese"), the '70s AM pop of Looking Glass ("Brandy"), and the blue-eyed '80s soul of Spandau Ballet ("True") for a start. More contemporary contributions from the likes of Apollo Four Forty--who provide the theme song--and Destiny's Child keep this from being exclusively a nostalgia trip.