Peter Buffett 500 Nations: A Musical Journey
- Released: April 11, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sony
- 1.Foreword - (with Peter Buffett)
- 2.500 Nations - (with Peter Buffett)
- 3.Maya - (with Peter Buffett)
- 4.Columbus: Unforgiveable Sins - (with Peter Buffett)
- 5.Columbus: Enrique's Rebellion - (with Peter Buffett)
- 6.No Turning Back - (with Peter Buffett)
- 7.Another Enemy - (with Peter Buffett)
- 8.We Became Orphans - (with Peter Buffett)
- 9.De Soto's March - (with Peter Buffett)
- 10.Sewee Nation - (with Peter Buffett)
- 11.Every Brave Man - (with Peter Buffett)
- 12.Shawnee Prophet, The - (with Peter Buffett)
- 13.To Be Martyred - (with Peter Buffett)
- 14.Chumash, The - (with Peter Buffett)
- 15.King Philip's War - (with Peter Buffett)
- 16.Nez Perce: The Long Retreat, The - (with Peter Buffett)
- 17.Nez Perce: Fight No More Forever, The - (with Peter Buffett)
- 18.Afterword - (with Peter Buffett)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Chief Hawk Pope, Gordon Tootoosi (vocals); Jason Klagstad, David Arkenstone (guitar); Eric Segntiz, Daniel Armstrong, Michael Giacobassi, Helen Reich, Jerome Franke, Timothy Klabunde (strings); Peter Buffett (synclavier, keyboards).
Engineers: Joel Iwataki, John Ugarte, Randy Bobo.
Includes liner notes by Jack Leustig and Bill Morgan.
Composer: Peter Buffett.
Personnel: Peter Buffett (piano, keyboards, Synclavier); Gordon Tootoosis (vocals, spoken vocals); Chief Hawk Pope (vocals); Paul Gmeinder (guitar, cello, strings); David Arkenstone, Jason Klagstad (guitar); Eric Segnitz, Helen Reich, Mike Giacobassi, Dan Armstrong, Timothy Klabunde, Jerome Frauke (strings); Douglas Spotted Eagle (flute); Daniel Chase (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Peter Buffett.
Liner Note Authors: Jack Leustic; Bill Morgan.
Recording information: Independent Sound; The Track House.
Photographer: Christine Wilson.
Peter Buffett is a talented and visionary composer, performer, arranger, and producer. CBS commissioned him to score 500 Nations, a miniseries about the exploitation of Native Americans and their land and property. Buffett invited Douglas Spotted Eagle and David Arkenstone, among others, to help construct the soundscape. This music has the unique quality to allow it to stand alone and evoke imagery without the film. Synths, cellos, and flutes provide the drones. Those drones carry the score to new heights. Deep listeners will feel the sadness as the Native Americans are forced into exile. This is a deep and dark memorial to a dark time in American history. This CD will appeal to all fans of Native American music, world music, and new age music. ~ Jim Brenholts
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)(2)
$12.98 on SALE
My Rifle, My Pony and Me: Movie & TV Soundtracks (CD)(25)
$20.91 Super Savings
Songs, Themes & Laughs From "The Andy Griffith Show" (CD)(13)
$5.97 on SALE
King Kong / She (Original Soundtracks) [Import] (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!