Greetings From the Borscht Belt: The Best Broads of Comedy
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Released: January 31, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Fuel 2000
- 1.Pearl WilliamsSchmeckolectomy
- 2.Instant Ceil - Betty Walker
- 3.Kosher Windbreaker - Rusty Warren
- 4.There's No Business Like That Certain Business - Sophie Tucker
- 5.Pantyhose - Totie Fields
- 6.Try a Big Board - Betty Ross
- 7.They'll Die Laughing - Rachel Jordan
- 8.Bubblegum From the Holy Land - Selma Diamond
- 9.If I Embarrass You Please Tell Your Friends - Belle Barth
- 10.Drill 'Em All - Ruth Wallis
- 11.This is My Mother - Jean Carroll
- 12.Ha-Penis - Patsy Abbott
- 13.Oh, How I Hat That Fellow Nathan - Fanny Brice
- 14.The $500 Parking Ticket - Weela Gallez
- 15.Gonorrhea - Sylvia Stoun
- 16.Princess Patovsky - Sadie Banks
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The woman of the Borscht Belt are frequently been called the mothers of the sexual revolution. With their roots in '30s comedians such as Fanny Brice, these ladies made their homes in the saloons of New York, Vegas and of course the Catskills. Their comedy routines exposed the subject of sex from a female perspective. Their material was considered very advanced for its day and considered extremely raunchy. Albums by Rusty Warren and Totie Fields were tucked away by many parents so their children could not listen to them. These women were the first comedians to openly discuss sex at a time when sex was just not discussed publicly. Most lost popularity as the sexual revolution of the late '60s started to take hold and the topic was no longer taboo.
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!