Jesus Christ Superstar (The New Stage Production Soundtrack)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$0.28 (3% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: March 27, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sony
- 1.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Overture
- 2.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Heaven on Their Minds
- 3.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: What's the Buzz? / Strange Thing, Mystifying: Mystifying - (with Paul Keating / Paul Vickers / Matthew Cross / Robert Vicencio / Mykal Rand / Kevin Curtin / Gerard Bentall)
- 4.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Everything's All Right - (with Renee Castle / Glenn Carter)
- 5.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Hosanna - (with Glenn Carter)
- 6.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Simon Zealotes / Poor Jerusalem - (with Tony Vincent)
- 7.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Pilate's Dream
- 8.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: The Temple
- 9.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: I Don't Know How To Love Him
- 10.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: The Last Supper - (with Paul Keating / Paul Vickers / Matthew Cross / Robert Vicencio / Mykal Rand / Kevin Curtin / Gerard Bentall)
- 11.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Gethsemane (I Only Want To Say)
- 12.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: King Herod's Song
- 13.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Could We Start Again, Please? - (with Cavin Cornwall)
- 14.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Judas's Death - (with Michael Shaeffer / Frederick Owens)
- 15.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Trial Before Pilate (Including the 39 Lashes) - (with Frederick Owens / Glenn Carter)
- 16.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Superstar
- 17.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: Crucifixion
- 18.Jesus Christ Superstar, musical: John Nineteen: Forty-One
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Music composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Lyrics written by Tim Rice.
Principal cast: Glenn Carter (Jesus); Jerome Pradon (Judas); Renee Castle (mary); Fred Johanson (Pilate); Rik Mayall (Herod); Frederick B. Owens (Caiaphas); Michael Shaeffer (Annas); Tony Vincent (Simon); Cavin Cornwall (Peter).
Producers: Andrew Lloyd Webber, Nigel Wright.
Recorded at Whitfield Street Studios, London, England.
Personnel: Fridrik Karlsson, Paul Keogh (guitar); Peter Adams (piano, keyboards); Kennedy Aitchison (keyboards); Steve Pearce, Andy Pask (bass guitar); Ralph Salmins, Ian Thomas (drums); Julian Poole (percussion); Lee McCutcheon (keyboard programming).
Recording information: Whitfield Street Studios, London, England.
Editor: Lee McCutcheon.
No, it's not the original cast with Ian Gillian, but this London revival cast of Andrew Lloyd Webber's and Tim Rice's musical Jesus Christ Superstar is still quite effective and sometimes brilliant. There are good arguments to be made for Glenn Carter's masterful and very modern performance as Christ, and Jerome Pradon's Judas Iscariot. This is less of a rock & roll performance to be sure, and far more theatrical along the lines of today's musicals, but that said, these performances are as emotional as they are showy. Say what you will about Webber and his later works and how stirring they are, but never was the music he composed any more emotional and deeply moving as it is here. Whether it's in the performance of "Gethsemane," or of Renee Castle's reading of "I Don't Know How to Love Him," (a song so closely associated with Yvonne Elliman it would almost seem sacrilegious to cover it outside a musical, though many did in the '70s), they come off as honest and convincing. ~ Thom Jurek
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Hawaiian Eye (Original Music & Stars From The TV Show) (CD)
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Songs, Themes & Laughs From "The Andy Griffith Show" (CD)
$5.07 LABOR DAY
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 75 ratings.
Based on 75 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!