- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: March 6, 2012
- Originally Released: 1941
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: 100 years of Universal: the Carl Laeummle era
- 100 years of Universal: the Lew Wasserman era
- Theatrical trailer
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"There's a lot to be said for making people laugh. Did you know that that's all some people have'"
- John Lloyd Sullivan (Joel McCrea)
Total Film - 06/01/2000
"...Superbly played and paced, and features a gallery of eccentric supporting characters..."
USA Today - 08/24/2001
"...One of the most brilliant screen mixes of comedy and drama in history..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/09/2001
"...Its endlessly fertile and still-influential fusion of satire, screwball comedy, drama and slapstick remains tartly fresh..."
Uncut - 05/01/2005
"Cramming a hundred ideas and a dozen genres -- screwball, road movie, thriller, musical -- into a package that moves like a runaway train..."
Sight and Sound - 06/01/2005
"[A] superbly crafted comedy."
Essential Cinema |
Film About Film |
Switching Roles |
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical release: January 1942.
- SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS is number 39 on the American Film Institute's list of America's 100 Funniest Movies.
- SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1990.
- The Coen brothers made a film in 2000 named for the film that Sullivan wanted to make--O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU'