Walter Ahhaity Oklahoma Style (Live)
- Released: September 4, 2007
- Label: Soar Records
- 1.Phase One: 4 Gourd Songs
- 2.Phase One: 4 Gourd Songs
- 3.Phase One: 4 Gourd Songs
- 4.Phase One: 4 Gourd Songs
- 5.Phase Two: 4 Gourd Songs
- 6.Phase Two: 4 Gourd Songs
- 7.Phase Two: 4 Gourd Songs
- 8.Phase Two: 4 Gourd Songs
- 9.Phase Three: 4 Gourd Songs
- 10.Phase Three: 4 Gourd Songs
- 11.Phase Three: 4 Gourd Songs
- 12.Phase Three: 4 Gourd Songs
- 13.Phase Four: 3 Gourd Songs
- 14.Phase Four: 3 Gourd Songs
- 15.Phase Four: 3 Gourd Songs
- 16.Phase Four:1 Grand Entry Song
- 17.Phase Five:4 Round Dance Songs
- 18.Phase Five:4 Round Dance Songs
- 19.Phase Five:4 Round Dance Songs
- 20.Phase Five:4 Round Dance Songs
- 21.Phase Five: 1 Intertribal Song
Walter Ahhaitty: Walter Ahhaitty (vocals).
Personnel: Randy Edmonds (spoken vocals); Kicking Woman, Hays Singers (drum).
Additional personnel: Comanche Little Ponies.
Many Native American recordings of the last two decades have been celebrated for combining traditional sounds with more pop-oriented influences. What distinguishes this Grammy-nominated album from the pack is its insistence on authenticity. Recorded at the 35th annual Southern California Orange County Powwow, the album includes several phases of a traditional Comanche gourd dance (that's the ritual to cleanse an area before a powwow), as well as four round dance songs and other traditional songs. The spare, hypnotic, and percussion-heavy music will haunt listeners long after it is over.
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!