- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 31, 2012
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Michael Brandt & Writer/Producer Derek Haas
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Los Angeles Times - 10/28/2011
"Richard Gere has always benefited from his squinty-eyed slickness....The spy thriller THE DOUBLE gives him one of his better roles in late middle age..."
A retired CIA spy and a fledgling FBI agent team up to investigate the murder of a U.S. senator and catch a notorious killer in this high-stakes political thriller starring Richard Gere and Topher Grace. Back when he was an active operative, Paul Shepherdson (Gere) devoted his every waking minute to capturing "Cassius" -- an elusive Soviet hitman with a spectral reputation. Decades later, Shepherdson believes that Cassius has been taken out of the game. But when a U.S. senator is assassinated and all evidence links the killing to Cassius, Shepherdson's former boss Tom Highland (Martin Sheen) convinces his old operative to investigate. Meanwhile, FBI agent Ben Geary (Grace) becomes positively certain that the high-profile murder is the work of the notorious Soviet hatchet man, and begins working with Shepherdson to crack the case. Now, in order to learn their target's true identity, Shepherdson and Geary must first revisit the entire case from top to bottom. In the process, the two determined men uncover a clue that indicates Cassius may not, in fact, be the prime suspect that the government has been chasing for decades, but instead the last person anyone ever expected.