Buddy Guy Can't Quit the Blues (3-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$42.51 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$8.47 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: October 31, 2006
- Label: Sony
Rolling Stone - p.110Ranked #7in Rolling Stone's "The Top 10 Reissues Of 2006" -- "[W]ith that slicking guitar and fierce bark, he rules his roost the whole way."
Down Beat - p.803 stars out of 5 -- "As time passed, Guy ratcheted up the sonic properties of his guitar, connecting blues with the rock mainstream..."
Dirty Linen - p.43"[N]early every track on the second and third discs burns with intensity. Check out his versions of John Lee Hooker's 'Crawlin Kingsnake' and Lowell Fulsom's 'Tramp'..."
No Depression - p.79"[H]is leads soar with exuberant and imaginative directionality..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.The Way You Been Treating Me
- 2.Sit and Cry (The Blues)
- 3.This Is the End
- 4.Untitled Instrumental
- 5.First Time I Met the Blues
- 6.Ten Years Ago
- 7.Let Me Love You Baby
- 8.Stone Crazy
- 9.When My Left Eye Jumps
- 10.Hoodoo Man Blues
- 11.In the Wee Hours
- 12.I Can't Quit the Blues
- 13.One Room Country Shack
- 14.T-Bone Shuffle
- 15.When You See the Tears From My Eyes
- 16.I Smell a Rat
- 17.She Suits Me to a T
- 18.DJ Play My Blues
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Damn Right, I've Got the Blues
- 2.Mustang Sally
- 3.Five Long Years
- 4.Mary Ann
- 5.She's Nineteen Years Old
- 6.Miss Ida B
- 7.Feels Like Rain
- 9.I Smell Trouble
- 10.Someone Else Is Steppin' in (Slippin' Out, Slippin' in)
- 11.My Time After Awhile
- 12.Your Mind Is on Vacation
- 13.Midnight Train
- 14.Totally Out of Control #
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Nobody Understands Me But My Guitar
- 2.Baby Plaese Don't Leave Me
- 3.Done Got Old
- 4.Honey Bee
- 6.Crawlin' Kingsnake
- 7.Moanin' and Groanin'
- 8.Bad Life Blues
- 9.I Can't Be Satisfied
- 10.First Time I Met the Blues
- 11.I'd Rather Be Blind, Crippled & Crazy
- 12.Somebody Sleeping in My Bed
- 13.I Miss You
- 14.Cut You Loose
- 15.The Price You Gotta Pay
Personnel: Buddy Guy (guitar); Eric Clapton, Jonny Lang, Otis Rush, Phil Guy, B.B. King, Lefty Bates (guitar); Junior Wells (harmonica); Jarrett Gibson, Bob Neely (tenor saxophone); Donald Hankins (baritone saxophone); Dr. John, Pinetop Perkins (piano); Jack Meyers, Terry Taylor (bass guitar); Clifton James, Dallas Taylor , Fred Below, Jim Keltner, Odie Payne, Jr. (drums).
Born in 1936 and trained on a '50s Chicago blues scene that massively impacted rock & roll, Buddy Guy is perhaps the quintessential modern blues singer/guitarist. Guy's trademarks are a razor-sharp, seething electric guitar tone and anguished, soulful singing. The three-disc (plus DVD) set CAN'T QUIT THE BLUES presents many high points from his lengthy career. Although there are more songs from 1990 onwards than one might expect--with only disc one providing a cross-section of his tenures with the Chess, Vanguard, and Delmark labels--many would argue that Guy's work from '90 on is in fact some of his very best.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
Based on 36 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE