- Released: February 1, 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.The Theme From "A Summer Place"
- 2.Non Dimenticar (Don't Forget)
- 4.All My Love (Bolero)
- 5.Jamaican Rhumba
- 7.Where Is Your Heart - (from "Moulin Rouge")
- 8.Tropical Merengue
- 9.They Can't Take That Away From Me
- 10.Rain in Spain - (from "My Fair Lady")
- 11.The Syncopated Clock
- 12.Swedish Rhapsody (Midsummer Vigil)
Alone among the Easy Listening greats, orchestra leader/arranger Percy Faith had no real signature style, no formula to milk throughout his career. What this superb orchesator did have was a dependable touch of class and a discerning nose for the contemporary that kept him current throughout the '50s. 1960's "Theme From 'A Summer Place'," his last and most famous hit, easily stands besides the Ventures and other surf sounds that followed in its wake. Faith also was open to unusual Latin and Caribbean rhythmic touches as evidenced by "Jamaican Rhumba," "Tropical Merengue" and the delightfully avant-garde "Delicado," with its rollicking harpsichord heading up the conga line. Still, it is his finely-detailed string arrangements that distinguish Faith from the general run of studio arrangers. Straight as they may be, Faith's light classical treatment of chestnuts like "Swedish Rhapsody" and "The Syncopated Clock" (familiar as the old CBS Late Show theme) are neither fusty nor oppressively square.