Last of the Red Hot Lovers (Widescreen)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$4.01 (40% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Subtitles: English
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 25, 2003
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Alan Arkin, Renée Taylor, Sally Kellerman & Paula Prentiss|
|Directed by||Gene Sacks & Gene Saks|
|Music by||Neal Hefti|
|Screenwriting by||Neil Simon|
|Composition by||Neal Hefti|
|Produced by||Howard W. Koch|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Neil Simon wrote the screenplay based on this Broadway hit. It's about a middle-aged restaurant owner (Alan Arkin) whose fingers smell of fish and whose heart yearns for one memorable affair. After securing a key to his mother's unoccupied apartment, he is free to seek an afternoon fling. But he fumbles his way through three charming and beautiful women (Sally Kellerman, Paula Prentiss, and Renee Taylor) who usually have something else on their minds. Each of the women is a bit daffy and, as usual, Simon keeps the one-liners plentiful and fresh.
This sparkling Neil Simon comedy centers around middle-aged restaurateur Barney Cashman (Alan Arkin), who yearns for a passionate extramarital affair to take him out of his dreary, routine existence. When he finds out his mother's apartment will be empty one afternoon each week, he embarks on a series of encounters with 3 very different women: a cold, unemotional sexpot (Sally Kellerman); a pot-smoking would-be actress (Paula Prentiss); and a feisty housewife (Renee Taylor) who suffers from depression. Simon's funny, perceptive script examines the needs and dissatisfactions that propel men and women to pursue sexual relationships--and the difficult emotional complexities that often result.
When mid-life crisis strikes Barney Cashman he decides to shake up his boring, married existence and have an affair. Using his mother's apartment as a love nest, the would-be Lothario attempts to seduce three different woman, each more neurotic than the next.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 34,187
- UPC: 097360809442
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
My Favorite Blonde / The Star Spangled Rhythm (DVD)
$10.83 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- The Masquers Club: The Pre-Code Comedies Collection (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Rare Shorts from the Golden Age of Hollywood (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Foreplay (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Ultra-Rare Pre-Code Comedies, Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE