Doris Day Golden Girl: Columbia Recordings 1944-1966 (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$18.44 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.55 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 1, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Sony
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Sentimental Journey
- 2.My Dreams Are Getting Better All the Time - (from "In Society")
- 3.It's Magic - (from "Romance On The High Seas")
- 4.Love Somebody
- 5.Tacos, Enchiladas and Beans - (previously unreleased)
- 6.Put 'Em in a Box, Tie Them With a Ribbon (And Throw 'Em in the Deep Blue Sea) - (from "Romance On The High Seas")
- 7.Someone Like You - (from "My Dream Is Yours")
- 8.That Old Feeling
- 9.Again - (from "Road House")
- 10.At the Cafe Rendezvous - (from "It's A Great Feeling")
- 11.You Can Have Him - (from "Miss Liberty")
- 12.Cuttin' Capers - (from "My Dream Is Yours")
- 13.Very Thought of You, The - (from "Young Man With A Horn")
- 14.Too Marvelous For Words - (from "Young Man With A Horn")
- 15.I Only Have Eyes For You - (from "Tea For Two")
- 16.Crazy Rhythm - (from "Tea For Two")
- 17.I've Never Been in Love Before - (from "Guys And Dolls")
- 18.It's a Lovely Day Today - (from "Call me Madam")
- 19.You're Getting to Be a Habit With Me - (from "Lullaby Of Broadway")
- 20.In a Shanty in Old Shanty Town - (from "Lullaby Of Broadway")
- 21.Lullaby of Broadway - (from "Young Man With A Horn")
- 22.On Moonlight Bay - (from "On Moonlight Bay")
- 23.Shanghai, (Why Did I Tell You I Was Going to)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Baby Doll - (from "The Belle Of New York")
- 2.It Had to Be You - (from "I'll See You In My Dreams")
- 4.A Guy Is a Guy
- 5.April in Paris - (from "April In Paris")
- 6.Ain't We Got Fun? - (from "By The Light Of The Silvery Moon")
- 7.Black Hills of Dakota, The - (from "Calamity Jane")
- 8.Secret Love - (from "Calamity Jane")
- 9.I Speak to the Stars - (previously unreleased, from "Lucky Me")
- 10.If I Give My Heart to You
- 11.There's a Rising Moon - (from "Young At Heart")
- 12.Shaking the Blues Away - (from "Love Me Or Leave Me")
- 13.I'll Never Stop Loving You - (from "Love Me Or Leave Me")
- 14.Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera) - (from "The Man Who Knew Too Much")
- 15.There Once Was a Man - (from "The Pajama Game")
- 16.Everybody Loves a Lover
- 17.That Jane From Maine - (previously unreleased)
- 18.Pillow Talk - (stereo, from "Pillow Talk")
- 19.Lover Come Back - (stereo, from "Lover Come Back")
- 20.You're Good For Me - (previously unreleased, stereo)
- 21.My Romance - (stereo, from "Billy Rose's Jumbo")
- 22.Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - (stereo, from "Annie Get Your Gun")
- 23.Let the Little Girl Limbo - (previously unreleased, stereo)
- 24.Move Over Darling - (stereo, from "Move Over Darling")
- 25.Sorry - (stereo)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Contains 48 tracks, including 5 previously unreleased songs.
Personnel includes: Doris Day, Dinah Shore, Buddy Clark, Frankie Laine, Gene Nelson (vocals); Paul Weston & His Orchestra, Les Brown & His Orchestra, Harry James & His Orchestra, Percy Faith & His Orchestra, The Warner Bros. Studio Orchestra, The MGM Studio Chorus & Orchestra, The Mellomen, The Norman Luboff Choir.
The Page Cavanaugh Trio: Page Cavanaugh (piano); Robert Morgan (guitar); Charles Parnell (bass).
The Buddy Cole Quartet: Edwin Cole (piano); Vincent Terri (guitar); Phil Stephens (bass); Alvin Stoller (drums).
Compilation producer: Didier C. Deutsch.
Recorded between 1944 & 1966. Includes liner notes by Andrew Velez.
Digitally remastered using 20-bit technology by Dawn Frank (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
This two-CD set covers 22 years of Doris Day's work. It reveals a picture of a wide-ranging talent. Throughout the decades Doris Day has bestowed an unfaltering sensitivity on her recordings as she applied this talent to the wide range of material.
One thinks of the sweet, nice girl she was typically cast as in film musicals and comedies of the '50s and '60s, but her singing provides a portrait of greater depth than her film work. From the outset of her career her vocals cast spells on the listener, as in "Sentimental Journey," where she amplifies the tune with dead-on definition. On light, fluffy novelties like "Pillow Talk" she belts out the material with cheer, while "Tacos, Enchiladas and Beans" is a perfect humorous synthesis of power and coyness.
Doris DaySentimental Journey: The Uncollected Doris Day (1953)
$9.05 LABOR DAY
Doris DayThe Uncollected Doris Day with the Page Cavanaugh Trio,...
$9.05 LABOR DAY
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE