John Williams Memoirs of a Geisha [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack]
|You Save:||$1.19 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Tan Dun ~ Hero [Score] ~ $9.22
- by Hans Zimmer ~ The Last Samurai [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $17.08
- Memoirs of a Geisha (Widescreen) (2-DVD) ~ $11.22
- Released: November 22, 2005
- Label: Sony
- 1.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Sayuri's Theme
- 2.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: The Journey to the Hanamachi
- 3.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Going to School
- 4.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Brush on Silk
- 5.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Chiyo's Prayer
- 6.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Becoming a Geisha
- 7.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Finding Satsu
- 8.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: The Chaiman's Waltz
- 9.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: The Rooftops of the Hanamachi
- 10.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: The Garden Meeting
- 11.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Dr. Crab's Prize
- 12.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Destiny's Path
- 13.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: A New Name ... A New Life
- 14.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: The Fire Scene and the Coming of War (Includes excerpts from Ogi No Mato (The Folding Fan As A Targ
- 15.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: As The Water ...
- 16.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Confluence
- 17.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: A Dream Discarded
- 18.Memoirs of a Geisha, film score: Sayuri's Theme and End Credits
Composer: John Williams .
Personnel: Hiromi Hashibe, Masayo Ishigure (koto); Itzhak Perlman (violin); Yo-Yo Ma (cello); Masakazu Yoshizawa (shakuhachi).
Audio Mixer: Shawn Murphy.
Recording information: Royce Hall, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA; Sony Pictures Studio, Culver City, CA.
Editors: Kenneth Karman; Ken Wannberg; Ramiro Belgardt.
For the soundtrack to 2005's MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA, Hollywood composer John Williams unveils one of his most inventive scores. The film, based on Arthur Golden's bestselling novel about a poor girl who becomes a refined geisha in World War II-era Japan, is enhanced by Williams's emotive (and often melancholy) music, which deftly blends orchestral works with passages that feature traditional Japanese instruments such as the shakuhachi and the koto. Remarkably, this mix of western and eastern sounds never comes across as forced, thanks to both Williams's bold musical vision and the outstanding solo contributions of cellist Yo-Yo Ma and violinist Itzhak Perlman. The opening track, "Sayuri's Theme," is a hauntingly beautiful piece, while "The Fire Scene and the Coming of War" evokes an appropriately ominous tone. What is perhaps most striking about GEISHA's score, however, is the use of quiet, reflective moments and pure silence, with Williams effectively adhering to the old adage of "less is more."
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(2)
$5.39 Super Savings
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [Bonus Tracks] (CD)(8)
$10.56 Super Savings
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban [Original Motion... (CD)(155)
$13.57 on SALE
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 109 ratings.
Based on 109 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE