- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 47 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 14, 2000
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: George Sidney - Director
- 4 Musical Numbers Includes 2 by Original Cast Judy Garland
- Judy Garland - "I'm An Indian Too"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1950 -
Best Adapted or Musical Song/Score: Adolph Deutsch & Roger Edens
USA Today - 11/17/2000
"...Irving Berlin's most enduring musical..."
Sharpshooter and star of Colonel Buffalo Bill's Show, Frank Butler (Howard Keel) falls for the spirited Annie Oakley (Betty Hutton) until she provokes him into a clay pigeon shooting competition. Unfortunately, Annie is left to realize a man isn't always interested in a woman who can beat him at his own game. The film is based on Irving Berlin's play and contains the songs "Anything You Can Do," "Doin' What Comes Naturally," and "There's No Business Like Show Business." Winner of the 1951 Academy Award for Best Music and Scoring of a Musical Picture. It should be noted that Judy Garland was originally cast to star in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN, but fell ill and was replaced by Betty Hutton.