- Released: October 18, 2005
- Label: Sony
Down Beat - p.703 stars out of 5
-- "[W]ith a varied procession of guest vocalists wrapped in Botti's own GQ elegance and transparent trumpet interludes. They hover like smoke rings in languid and lonely whispers..."
JazzTimes - p.84
"Botti balances the songs' tempos and moods with great care....A wonderfully moody work showing that the Great American Songbook is always open to new interpretations."
- 1.Embraceable You
- 2.What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life? - (with Sting)
- 3.My One And Only Love - (with Paula Cole)
- 4.Let There Be Love - (with Michael Buble)
- 5.What's New?
- 6.Good Morning Heartache - (with Jill Scott)
- 7.To Love Again
- 8.Are You Lonesome Tonight? - (with Paul Buchanan)
- 9.Lover Man - (with Gladys Knight)
- 10.I'll Be Seeing You
- 11.Pennies From Heaven - (with Renee Olstead)
- 12.Here's That Rainy Day - (with Rosa Passos)
- 13.Smile - (with Steven Tyler)
Personnel: Chris Botti (trumpet); Billy Childs (piano); Christian McBride (bass instrument); Peter Erskine (drums); Paulinho Da Costa (percussion).
As its title implies, TO LOVE AGAIN is essentially a sequel to trumpeter Chris Botti's well received 2004 outing, WHEN I FALL IN LOVE. In fact, two guest vocalists from the earlier album, Sting and Paula Cole, appear again, with Sting lending his distinctive voice to the lilting "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?" and Cole accompanying Botti on the gentle "My One and Only Love." Among the many other guest performers, Aerosmith's Steven Tyler appears on the lush, string-laden "Smile," an odd yet remarkably suitable departure for the raspy-voiced frontman. Despite the added star power, the record is still Botti's show, as he reminds listeners with his smooth, atmospheric Chet Baker-inspired horn lines, particularly on the gently floating "Embraceable You" and the romantic title track.