Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Video: Black & White / Color
- Released: February 7, 2012
- Originally Released: 1963
- Label: Criterion
- Note: Restored high-definition digital transfers, approved by Director Chris Marker, with uncompressed monaural soundtracks
- Two interviews with filmmaker Jean-Pierre Gorin
- Chris on Chris, a video piece on Marker by Filmmaker and Critic Chris Darke
- Two excerpt from the French television series Court-circuit (Le Magazine): a look at David Bowie's music video for the song "Jump They Say", inspired by La Jetée, and an analysis of Hitchcock's Vertigo and its influence on Marker
- Junkopia, a six-minute film by Marker, Frank Simone, and John Chapman about the Emeryville Mudflats
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by Marker scholar Catherine Lupton, an interview with Marker, notes on the films and filmmaking by Marker, and more
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- PCM Mono - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
After a global holocaust in LA JETEE, humanity's hopes for survival hinge on time-travel experiments conducted upon a man whose dreams reveal a clarion recall of a defining moment in his childhood, when he witnessed a murder. The narrative is revealed through a montage of stills and inspired the American film 12 MONKEYS.
SANS SOLEIL contemplates the meaning of film, the role of memory, and the rich diversity of human societies through a roving cinematographer's letters, read and pondered aloud by an unseen female narrator.
Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 715515091114
- Shipping Weight: 0.32/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item