The Devil Bat
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
Devil Bat - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98
Timeless Horror $5.04
Where Trails Divide ~ $4.98
White Zombie $19.26
More products that might interest you:
Available in a set:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 7 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 18, 2002
- Originally Released: 1941
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Bela Lugosi & Dave O'Brien|
|Performer:||Guy Usher & Suzanne Kaaren|
|Directed by||Jean Yarbrough|
|Edited by||Holbrook N. Todd|
|Screenplay by||John T. Neville|
|Original story by||George Bricker|
|Art Direction by||Paul Palmentola|
|Director of Photography:||Arthur Martinelli|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- Distributed by Producers Releasing Corp.
- Additional cast: Guy Usher (Henry Morton); Yolande Mallott (Maxine); Edward Mortimer (Martin Heath); Gene O'Donnell (Don Morton); Alan Baldwin (Tommy Heath); John Ellis (Roy Heath); Arthur Q. Bryan (Joe McGinty); and Wally Rairdon (Walter King).
- Remade as "The Flying Serpent" in 1946 (directed by Sherman Scott and starring George Zucco).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 72 ratings.
It took me years to find this film( vhs).But Oldies came through.I loved this movie.I saw it years ago on television.Bela gives a fine preformance as a mad scientist.He camped it up!
Bela Logosi was one of the great method actors of all time as he really got into his monster rolls.
When he died he really thought he was super natual being.
One of Bela's so-so poverty row classics. This one was made away from Monogram studios and although it does have some good special effects, it isn't as good as those that he made at Monogram. Cool giant bat, though!
The Devil Bat shows us that good filmaking can carry a message across oceans of time which is still viable in today's society and the message of this film is "Patent your inventions and make certain your attorney allows for an ongoing percentage of the profits".
This film dredges up childhood memories of a Saturday night New York television show called Chiller Theatre. For that reason, I give it 3.5 stars. That being said, I actually like this movie (much to my shame). That it has attained a minor cult status removes some of the embarassing sting of liking this flick.This is one of those films where the revenge-seeking mad scientist could just as well have been George Zucco or Lionel Atwill. Well, I will say it is amusing the way Lugosi says "Goodbye" to each of his victims, and we're in on his joke. Low-budget fun, believe me. If you enjoy "talking" to the actors and inserting your own dialogue while watching TV, this is your vehicle, baby.
TRIVIA NOTE: The newspaper photographer/sidekick to the lead is the same unfortunate actor who played 'Happy' Hapgood in the Flash Gordon serial "Deadly Ray From Mars" (also known under a zillion other names!).
- Sales Rank: 13,067
- UPC: 089218321190
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Movies & TV with some of the same main people:
- The Devil Bat (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Devil Bat (Includes Colorized and B&W Versions) (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- The Devil Bat (VHS) ~ $1.99 on SALE