Peter Lang The Thing at the Nursery Room Window
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 15, 2000
- Label: Takoma
- 1.Snow Toad
- 2.Muggy Friday
- 3.Last Days At The Lodge
- 4.Turnpike Terror
- 5.R.C. Rag
- 6.Adair's Song
- 7.Bituminous Nightmare
- 8.Wide Oval Rip-Off
- 9.Young Man, Young Man, Look At Your Shoes
- 10.Quetico Reel
- 11.Red Meat On The Road
- 12.Future Shot At The Rainbow
- 13.Flames Along The Monongahela
- 14.V / The Connecticut / Promissory Rag
- 15.Going Down The China Road
Solo performer: Peter Lang (6 & 12-string guitars).
Producers: Peter Lang, Kerry Fahey, Jim Hauck.
Engineers: Cecil Spiller, Paul Martinson, Michael McKern.
Recorded at Audiosonic, Santa Monica, California and Sound 80, Minneapolis & Tracks On 5th, St. Paul, Minnesota between 1972 & 1978.
Digitally remastered by Joe Tarantino (Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Peter Lang (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Peter Lang .
Recording information: Audio-Sonic Research Installation, Santa Monica, CA (??/1972-09/1978); Sound 80, Minneapolis, MN (??/1972-09/1978).
Comparable to John Fahey, Robbie Basho, and Leo Kottke, Peter Lang was among the acoustic guitarists who came out of the "picker" genre in the '60s and '70s. The pickers, as they were called, played unaccompanied solo guitar and made instrumental folk their specialty. Lang isn't as well known as either Fahey or Kottke, although he is a talented and expressive musician in his own right. A lot of pickers recorded for Fahey's Takoma label, and it was for Takoma that Lang, in 1972, recorded The Thing at the Nursery Room Window. This is essentially a folk recording, although Lang's brand of folk easily incorporates elements of southern country blues, bluegrass, and Appalachian music. Lang is an impressive improviser, but he doesn't beat his listeners over the head with technique. Although the Minneapolis native has impressive chops, he never lets them get in the way of his down-home charm, and he never has a problem coming across as warm, unpretentious, and earthy. The Thing at the Nursery Room Window originally came out on vinyl in 1973 and was reissued on CD in 2000, when Fantasy added three bonus from either the 1974 Flying Fish date Lycurgus or the 1978 Waterhouse session Back to the Wall. ~ Alex Henderson
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE