Michael Bloomfield The Best of Michael Bloomfield [Fantasy]
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Keb' Mo' ~ BLUESAmericana ~ $12.39
- by Michael Bloomfield ~ Don't Say That I Ain't Your Man: Essential Blues 1964-1969 ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Michael Bloomfield ~ If You Love These Blues, Play 'Em As You Please ~ $9.05
- by Michael Bloomfield ~ Live At The Old Waldorf ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Al Kooper / Michael Bloomfield ~ Super Session ~ $6.02
- Released: October 21, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Takoma
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Michael Bloomfield, Little Brother Montgomery, Hart McNee, King Perkoff, Derrick Walker, Tom Rizzo, Barry Goldberg, Mark Adams, Mark Naftalin, Roger Troy, Bob Jones, David Shorey.
Recorded between 1963 and 1980.
Personnel: Michael Bloomfield (vocals, guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, tiple, accordion, piano, organ, Moog synthesizer); Little Brother Montgomery (vocals, piano); Roger Troy (vocals); Mark Adams (harmonica); Steve Lederer, Frank Tiberi, Gene Smookler, Sal Nistico (reeds); Woody Herman (soprano saxophone); Derrick Walker, King Perkoff (tenor saxophone); Hart McNee (baritone saxophone); Forrest Buchtel, Buddy Powers, Bill Byrne, Tom Harrell, Tony Klatka (trumpet); Don Switzer, Bob Burgess , Ira Nepus (trombone); Mark Naftalin (piano); Barry Goldberg (organ); Alan Broadbent (keyboards); Ed Soph, Bob Jones , Tom Rizzo (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: Pete Welding.
Recording information: American Zoetrope (??/??/1963-11/29/1980); Beggs (??/??/1963-11/29/1980); Fickle Pickle, Chicago, IL (??/??/1963-11/29/1980); Hyde Street Studios, San Francisco, CA (??/??/1963-11/29/1980); Tamarin, Mill Valley, CA (??/??/1963-11/29/1980); The Old Waldorf, San Francisco, CA (??/??/1963-11/29/1980); Tres Virgos (??/??/1963-11/29/1980); Wally Heider Studio, San Francisco, CA (??/??/1963-11/29/1980).
Photographer: Norman Dayron.
Arrangers: Alan Broadbent; Michael Bloomfield.
THE BEST OF MICHAEL BLOOMFIELD is in fact a very nice anthology of the great guitarist's non-Paul Butterfield/Electric Flag work, from pre-Butterfield club shows recorded in 1963 (duets with singer/pianist Little Brother Montgomery) to studio sessions made at the end of his tragically brief career. These latter include "The Gospel Truth" and "See That My Grave is Kept Clean," both of which showcase Bloomfield's skills as a multi-instrumentalist.
Other noteworthy tracks include three live cuts with a five-piece combo reuniting him with Butterfield pianist Mark Naftalin. There's also an early '70s big band workout--"Hitch Hike on the Possum Trot Line"--in which he trades licks with jazz legend Woody Herman and gives as good as he gets.
Fillmore East: The Lost Concert Tapes 12/13/68 (CD)(40)
From His Head to His Heart to His Hands (Box Set) (3-CD +...
$51.03 Super Savings
If You Love These Blues, Play 'Em As You Please (CD)(11)
$9.05 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE