- Released: October 20, 1998
- Label: Taragon
- 1.Racing with the Moon (Vaughn's Theme)
- 2.There I Go
- 3.My Devotion
- 4.When the Lights Go on Again (All Over the World)
- 5.Let's Get Lost
- 6.The Trolley Song
- 7.There! I've Said It Again
- 8.Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
- 9.I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- 11.Red Roses for a Blue Lady
- 12.Riders in the Sky
- 13.Someday (You'll Want Me to Want You)
- 14.That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day)
- 16.Thanks, Mister Florist
- 17.Sound Off (The Duckworth Chant)
- 18.They Call the Wind Maria
- 19.Lady Love
- 20.They Were Doin' the Mambo
Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
Digitally remastered by Marty Wekser (BMG Studios).
Personnel: Vaughn Monroe (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
If ever there was a musical populist of the big-band era who managed to hang on into the rock & roll era, it was bandleader/vocalist Vaughn Monroe. Monroe's pleasant baritone vocalizing fit like a glove around the smooth love ballads that his band played, scoring numerous hits (70 all told) well into the late '50s. This 20-track collection samples the very biggest of these hits, including "Racing with the Moon," "Riders in the Sky," "There! I've Said It Again," "My Devotion," "Red Roses for a Blue Lady," "Someday (You'll Want Me to Want You)," "Sound Off (The Duckworth Chant)," and "That Lucky Old Sun." Monroe's style was pure vanilla and his honey-toned baritone always found the right tune for his style, and rather than chasing trends (the only one here deviating from formula is 1954's "They Were Doin' the Mambo"), he found his niche and didn't stray far from it, giving the people a simple, recognizable style that was easy to digest. Vaughn Monroe is one of RCA Victor's best-selling artists of all time, and his legacy is well served by this wonderful little set. ~ Cub Koda