- Theatrical Trailers
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 1, 2002
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Additional Release Material:
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- MAME (Remake)
- Select Cast
- Select Crew
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!"
Description by OLDIES.com:
Ten-year-old orphan Patrick Dennis has come to live with his nearest relative and in the high times ahead, he's not going to believe his luck. Nor will you, because Patrick's relation is played by one of Hollywood's grandest dames. Reprising her Broadway triumph, Rosalind Russell won her fourth Oscar nomination and third Golden Globe Award as the marvelous madcap who lives life to the hilt. Auntie Mame brings to bubbly life the mayhem Mame and her cronies create while guiding Patrick's fortunes. "Life is a banquet," Mame says, "and most poor suckers are starving to death!" With wit, style and a seasoned cast to dish humor and heart with gusto, Auntie Mame is a full-course meal of entertainment magic.
Sharp-witted, zippy comedy about a woman who lives life to the absolute fullest. When her orphaned 10-year-old nephew shows up on her doorstep, a new life begins for both. Mame's digs provide a cool look at what the 1950s considered bohemian hip, too. Later became the Broadway warhorse, Mame. Academy Award Nominations: 6, including Best Picture, Best Actress--Rosalind Russell.
Auntie Mame is a woman who celebrates life and refuses to let anything depress her. When the stockmarket crashs in 1929, she gets a rich husband; when he falls off a mountain, she writes a book about it. Her central task is trying to save her stuffy nephew from the fate of boredom.
- Film bears close resemblance to the stage version, only with the more risqué sections cleaned up to meet the film industry's standards.