- Released: March 1, 1995
- Label: Taragon
- 1.Baby, Now That I've Found You
- 2.Come On Back To Me
- 3.Mr. Personality Man
- 4.Back On My Feet Again
- 5.I Can Take Or Leave Your Loving
- 6.Any Old Time (You're Lonely And Sad)
- 7.Build Me Up Buttercup
- 8.In The Bad, Bad Old Days (Before You Loved Me)
- 9.Waiting On The Shores Of Nowhere
- 10.My Little Chickadee
- 11.Take Away The Emptiness Too
- 12.Born To Live, Born To Die
- 13.Baby, I Couldn't See
- 14.Take A Girl Like You
- 15.I'm Gonna Be A Rich Man
- 16.Stoney Ground
- 17.Something For My Baby - (featuring Colin Young)
- 18.Baby, Now That I've Found You - (alternate take)
- 19.Any Old Time (You're Lonely And Sad) - (alternate take)
The Foundations: Clem Curtis, Colin Young (vocals); Allan Warner (guitar); Pat Burke (flute, tenor saxophone); Mike Elliott (tenor saxophone); Eric Allendale (trombone); Peter Macbeth (bass); Tim Harris (drums).
Producers: Tony Macaulay, John Macleod, The Foundations, Brian Wade.
Compilation producers: Eliot Goshman.
Includes liner notes by Steve Kolanjian.
Digitally remastered by Tom Moulton (Wayne Mastering Labs, New York, New York).
Liner Note Author: Steve Kolanjian.
Photographer: Tony Gale.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Peter Mew; Steve Kolanjian.
Arrangers: John MacLeod; Tony Macaulay; Phil Dennys.
The Foundations were a multiracial London soul band led by a former boxer from Trinidad, Clem Curtis, whose hard soul vocals made the Foundations sound unlike any other British group in the late '60s. Steered by producer and songwriter Tony Macaulay in the studio, the band scored two huge international hits with "Baby, Now That I've Found You" and "Build Me Up Buttercup," both of which are included here. Other highlights of this collection include two "almost" hits, "In the Bad, Bad Old Days (Before You Loved Me)" and "Back on My Feet Again," and several credible soul covers. An exciting live band, the Foundations were much more than a mere pastiche of Motown styles, as this collection shows. ~ Steve Leggett