- Released: June 22, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Taragon
- 1.Love Me Warm and Tender
- 2.I'd Like to Know
- 3.A Steel Guitar and a Glass of Wine
- 4.I Never Knew Your Name
- 5.Every Night (Without You)
- 6.Eso Beso (That Kiss!)
- 7.Love (Makes the World Go Round)
- 8.Remember Diana
- 9.At Night
- 10.Hello Jim
- 11.It Doesn't Matter Anymore
- 12.The Longest Day
- 13.Hurry up and Tell Me
- 14.Did You Have a Happy Birthday?
- 15.From Rocking Horse to Rocking Chair
- 16.My Baby's Comin' Home
- 17.In My Imagination
- 18.Ogni Volta (Every Time I Close My Eyes)
- 19.Every Day a Heart Is Broken
- 20.As If There Were No Tomorrow
- 21.I Can't Help Loving You
- 22.When We Get There
Personnel includes: Paul Anka (vocals, arranger); Ray Ellis, Joe Sherman, Sammy Lowe, Don Costa, Burt Bacharach, Arthur Butler, Sid Bass, Charles Calello (arranger, conductor); Ennio Morricone & His Orchestra.
Producers include Hugo & Luigi, Burt Bacharach, Joe Rene, Clyde Otis, Charles
Compilation producer: Eliott Goshman.
Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
Digitally remastered by Eliot Goshman (May 1999, Taragon Sound & Video Studios, Deer Park, New York).
Audio Mixer: Eliot Goshman.
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
Arrangers: Don Costa; Arthur Butler; Joe Sherman; Paul Anka ; Ray Ellis; Sid Bass; Bert DeCoteaux; Burt Bacharach; Charles Calello.
Although he was emerging from his years as a teen idol, it is still debatable if Paul Anka could ever be refered to as a "rocker," hence the title of this compilation being a tad misleading. But if pop tunes with some guts to them is your cup of tea, these 19 tracks show off Anka's vocal and songwriting skills to good advantage on recordings from 1962 to 1968. Most interesting track: Anka's spin on his own "It Doesn't Matter Anymore," in a mode more and a bit differently melodic than the Buddy Holly version we're all used to hearing. ~ Cub Koda