The Amityville Horror
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.21 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.77 (25% Off)|
- New hi-definition transfer
- Audio commentary
- Documentary For God's Sake, Get Out!
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 5, 2005
- Originally Released: 1979
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- [unspecified] - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "For God's Sake, Get Out!"
- Audio Commentary: Dr. Hanz Holzer, Ph.D. in Parapsychology
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- AMITYVILLE Sneak Peek
- Radio Spot
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||James Brolin, Margot Kidder & Rod Steiger|
|Performer:||Helen Shaver, Murray Hamilton, Don Stroud, Amy Wright & Rod Steiger|
|Directed by||Stuart Rosenberg|
Description by OLDIES.com:
For George and Kathy Lutz, the colonial home on the river's edge seemed ideal: quaint, spacious and amazingly affordable. Of course, six brutal murders had taken place there just a year before, but houses don't have memories... or do they? Soon the Lutz dream house becomes a hellish nightmare, as walls begin to drip blood and satanic forces threaten to destroy them. Now the Lutzes must try to escape or forfeit their lives - and their souls!
- "The Amityville Horror" is based on an allegedly true story about a house in Amityville, Long Island. The town of Amityville did not want the film shot there, so it was shot in Tom's River, New Jersey, instead. Many Amityville residents discredit the stories of the house's possesion, and the family that moved in after the family depicted in the film lived there with no trouble.
- By 1982, this film made Filmways (its distribution company) $35 million, the most at that point in time for an independent feature.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 222 ratings.