Luiz Bonfa Composer of Black Orpheus Plays and Sings Bossa Nova
- Released: September 23, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Verve
- 1.Samba de Duas Notas (Two Note Samba)
- 2.Vem So (Come Here, My Love)
- 4.Tristeza (Brazilian Blues)
- 5.Manha De Carnaval (Morning Of The Carnival)
- 6.Silencio Do Amor (The Silence Of Love)
- 7.Domingo A Noite (Sunday Night)
- 8.Ilha De Coral (Coral Island)
- 9.Adeus (Goodbye)
- 10.Quebra Mar (The Sea Wall)
- 11.Amor Que Acabou (The End of Love)
- 12.Chora Tua Tristeza (Cry Your Blues Away)
- 13.Bossa Nova Cha Cha
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Luiz Bonfa (vocals, guitar); Lalo Schifrin (arranger); Maria Helena Toledo (vocals); Leo Wright (flute); Oscar Castro-Neves (piano, organ, guitar); Iko Castro-Neves (bass); Roberto Pontes-Dias (drums, percussion).
Recorded at A&R Recording Studios, New York, New York on December 26 & 31, 1962. Originally released on Verve (8522).
Alongside Joao Gilberto and Antonio Carlos Jobim, Luiz Bonfa (the co-composer of BLACK ORPHEUS) is one of the original trailblazers of the bossa nova sound. Released in 1962 on Verve, PLAYS AND SINGS BOSSA NOVA can safely be certified a classic of the genre. Elegant, lyrical, rhythmic, and a showcase for Bonfa's deft guitar technique and sweet, unassuming singing, PLAYS AND SINGS is an album that will sound good to almost anyone, at any time.
Black Orpheus (Criterion Collection) (Subtitled) (DVD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Composer of Black Orpheus Plays and Sings Bossa Nova (2-CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE