- Released: September 18, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Verve
- 1.'S Wonderful - (From the Album The Look Of Love)
- 2.Peel Me a Grape - (From the Album Love Scenes)
- 3.Pick Yourself Up - (From the Album When I Look In Your Eyes)
- 4.Frim Fram Sauce - (From the Album All For You)
- 5.You Go to My Head - (previously unreleased, Previously Unreleased From the Sessions for The Look Of Love)
- 6.Let's Fall in Love - (From the Album When I Look In Your Eyes)
- 7.Look of Love, The - (From the Album The Look Of Love)
- 8.East of the Sun (And West of the Moon) - (live, From the Album Live In Paris)
- 9.I've Got You Under My Skin - (From the Album When I Look In Your Eyes)
- 10.All or Nothing at All - (From the Album Love Scenes)
- 11.Only the Lonely - (previously unreleased, Previously Unreleased From the Sessions for The Look Of Love)
- 12.Let's Face the Music and Dance - (From the Album When I Look In Your Eyes)
- 13.Heart of Saturday Night, The - (From the Sessions For The Girl In the Other Room)
- 14.Little Girl Blue - (From the Album From This Moment On)
- 15.Fly Me to the Moon - (live, From the Album Live In Paris)
Personnel: Diana Krall (piano); Dori Caymmi , Anthony Wilson , Romero Lubambo, Russell Malone (guitar); Larry Bunker (vibraphone); Christian McBride, John Clayton, Paul Keller, Ben Wolfe (bass guitar); Jeff Hamilton , Lewis Nash , Peter Erskine (drums); Luis Conte (percussion); Claus Ogerman, Los Angeles Session Orchestra, Eddie Karam, Johnny Mandel, London Symphony Orchestra.
The career sweep of contemporary jazz pianist and singer Diana Krall is nicely represented on this overdue 2007 compilation, THE VERY BEST OF. It's no accident that Krall's albums have enjoyed both critical and commercial success, to say nothing of the Grammys and other industry accolades they've garnered: the artist bridges traditional jazz with contemporary, giving standards a fresh polish that appeals to a modern sensibility while still honoring the original.
VERY BEST OF sparkles with 15 gems, including Krall's treatment of the classics "S'Wonderful," "Let's Fall In Love," and "Little Girl Blue." Also included are three previously unreleased tracks, and a bonus DVD featuring concert footage and videos. Naturally, it's Krall's sensual, tasteful vocals and stylish piano work that stand out, making this hits collection a great place for newcomers to acquaint themselves with Krall's gifts.