Maire Ni Chathasaigh The New Strung Harp
- Released: September 9, 1997
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Temple Records
- 1.Charles O'Conor / Father Hanly
- 2.O Ho Nighean, E Ho Nighean
- 3.Madam Maxwell
- 4.The Pullet / The Volunteer
- 5.Speic Seoigheach, An
- 6.The Humours of Ballyloughlin
- 7.Hindero Horo
- 8.The Bantry Girls' Lament
- 9.The Gander in the Pratie Hole
- 10.Carolan's Farewell to Music
- 11.The Fisherman's Hornpipe / The Cuckoo's Nest
- 12.The Boys of Malin / The Old Oak Tree
- 13.Planxty Sudley
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Maire Ni Chathasaigh (vocals, harp, fiddle); Kunzo Aoyama, Jay Witcher (harp).
Recording information: Homestead Studio; Homestead Studio, Midlothian, Scotland; Temple Record Studio; Temple Records Studio, Midlothian, Scotland.
Photographer: Chris Newman.
Arranger: Maire Ni Chathasaigh.
First released in 1985, The New Strung Harp is a luminous, sweet approach to music for the Irish harp -- Mairi Ni Chathasaig has a light, fleet-fingered approach that utilizes a rippling style of ornamentation that provides her with a unique musical signature. Just precisely what the end result is, is less than easy to define -- Celtic music, certainly, something with an Irish heart. However, the faeries are well at work here as well. ~ Steven E. McDonald
American Songs of The Revolution & Civil War Era (CD)(2)
$1.98 on SALE
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!