Karen Ashbrook Knock on the Door
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by Karen Ashbrook ~ Celtic Cafe ~ $19.01
- Released: March 1, 1999
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Maggie's Music
- 1.Curlew / Green Hills Of Tyrol
- 2.Crested Hens / Laride
- 3.Willie Coleman's / Bank Of Turf
- 4.Princess Royal / Galway Bay
- 5.Johnny Doherty's Marches / Providence Reel
- 6.Dusty Windowsills / Tripping Upstairs
- 7.Tsean Bhean Bocht, An :: The Poor Old Woman
- 8.Four Mile Stone / Fox In The Glen
- 9.Lady Lorraine
- 10.Knock On The Door / Argyle Socks
Personnel: Karen Ashbrook (hammered dulcimer, Irish flute); Dan Blum (guitar); David Kornblum (bouzouki, fiddle, guitar); Brendan Mulvihill (fiddle, viola); Chris Norman (Irish flute); Wendy Morrison (concertina, pennywhistle); Myron Bretholz (bodhran, bones).
Engineers: Tom Scott, Steve Treager, Bob Read (tracks 1, 10); Tom Scott, Steve Treager (tracks 2, 7-8); Bob Read (tracks 3-6, 9).
With turns by several high-profile guests -- Brendan Mulvihill on fiddle, Chris Norman on wooden flute, Sue Richards on Celtic harp -- Knock on the Door is another enjoyable Ashbrook album, focusing on music from Ireland and Brittany played by hammered dulcimer and wooden flute. ~ John Bush
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!