- Released: February 28, 2006
- Label: Varese Sarabande
- 1.Freedomland, film score: Main Title
- 2.Freedomland, film score: The Lie
- 3.Freedomland, film score: Brenda's Apartment
- 4.Freedomland, film score: Unrest
- 5.Freedomland, film score: Did They Arrest Anyone?
- 6.Freedomland, film score: Rafik Is Arrested
- 7.Freedomland, film score: Freedomland
- 8.Freedomland, film score: Inside Freedomland
- 9.Freedomland, film score: You're In The Wrong Park
- 10.Freedomland, film score: Burning
- 11.Freedomland, film score: Riot
- 12.Freedomland, film score: I'll Come See You
- 13.Freedomland, film score: Little Angel
Composer: James Newton Howard.
Personnel: Michael Landau (guitar); Gayle Levant (harp); Eun Mee Ahn, Irina Voloshina, Anatoly Rosinsky, Katia Popov, Aimee Kreston, Ana Landauer, Ken Yerke, Jeanne Skrocki Evans, Lisa M. Sutton, Tamara Hatwan, Sungil Lee, Eric J. Hosler, Mark Robertson , Jay Rosen, Kevin Connolly , Jacqueline Brand, Clayton Haslop, Natalie Leggett, Sarah Thornblade, Roger Wilkie, Marina Manukian, Liane Mautner, Dimitrie Leivici, Miwako Watanabe, Rafael Rishik, Endre Granat, Haim Shtrum (violin); Shawn Mann, Victoria Miskolczy, Marlow Fisher, Matthew Funes, Steven Gordon, Cassandra Richburg, Rick Gerding, Brian Dembow, Keith Greene, Roland Kato, Dave Walther, Thomas Dienner, Darrin McCann, Robert Berg (viola); Paula Hochhalter, Dennis Karmazyn, Paul Cohen , Antony Cooke , Stephen Erdody, Armen Ksadjikian, David Speltz, John Walz, Christine Ermacoff (cello); Jim Walker , Geri Rotella (flute); Ralph Williams (clarinet); Tom Boyd (oboe); Peter Mandell, Rose Corrigan (bassoon); Timothy G. Morrison, Malcolm McNab (trumpet); Andrew Malloy, William Booth, George Thatcher, William Frank "Bill" Reichenbach Jr. (trombone); Randy Kerber (piano); Michael Watts (organ).
Audio Mixer: Alan Meyerson.
Recording information: Barbra Streisand Scoring Stage, Sony Pictures Studios.
Composer James Newton Howard's score for director Joe Roth's urban thriller Freedomland is thick with the melodic and atmospheric soundscapes that have become his forte (King Kong, Sixth Sense). Soft, contemplative piano notes are overtaken by seas of gritty industrial beats and electric guitars, keyboards loop themselves around desperate flashes of chilly electronica, and elegiac string sections melt into the facades of the crumbling buildings that inhabit this mediocre Samuel L. Jackson/Julianne Moore thriller. ~ James Christopher Monger