- Featurette: Bells Are Ringing: Just in Time
- Outtake musical numbers "Is It A Crime?" & "My Guiding Star"
- Alternate Take of the song "The Midas Touch"
- Theatrical Trailer
- Languages: English, French
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 15, 2005
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English
- Mono 1.0 - French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 04/01/2005
"Holliday's screen swan song, it also was the last MGM musical from two kings of the form: producer Arthur Freed and director Vincente Minnelli."
Description by OLDIES.com:
The get-up in New York's get-up-and-go comes from the switchboard operators of Susanswerphone. Need a wakeup call? Your appointments? Encouragement from "Mom?" A racetrack bet? It all comes from that dutiful nerve - or noive - center that keeps enterprises enterprising and, maybe, wedding bells ringing.
Judy Holliday reprises her Tony-winning Broadway role of irrepressible switchboard girl Ella in a jubilant adaptation that marked her final movie and the final teaming of movie-musical titans Arthur Freed and Vincente Minnelli. Dean Martin co-stars as a struggling playwright in for a surprise when he learns "Mom's" identity. The sparkling Jule Styne/Betty Comden/Adolph Green score includes Holliday's heartfelt "The Party's Over" and the jolly Holliday/Martin duet "Just In Time." You've dialed the right number, musical fans!
Holliday's last screen appearance and perhaps her best, reprising her stage role in the Comden and Green musical. Holliday plays a switchboard operator at a Manhattan telephone answering service, Susanswerphone, who gets mixed up in her kooky clients' lives, acting as both muse and therapist, eventually falling in love with a client's voice. Early appearance by Stapleton, and a cameo by Holliday's husband, saxophonist Gerry Mulligan. The picture's many musical hits include "Just in Time" and "The Party's Over." Academy Award Nominations: Best Scoring of a Musical Picture.
Description by Warner Home Video:
An answering-service operator (Judy Holliday) falls in love with the man she's known only as a voice on the telephone. Dean Martin and Jean Stapleton co-star.
This is one the most delightful musical comedies ever made for the screen, directed with an effervescent flair by the incomparable Vincente Minnelli.
Ella Peterson is a switchboard operator at a Manhattan telephone answering service, Susanswerphone, who gets mixed up in her kooky clients' lives, acting as both muse and therapist. Her main predicament though, is that she's fallen in love with a client's voice...
Musicals / Music Videos |
- Adaptation of the hit Broadway musical by Betty Comden, Adolph Green, and Jule Styne.
- Filmed in CinemaScope, Metrocolor, and Panavision.
- Songs include "Just in Time," "The Party's Over," "Hello," "It's a Perfect Relationship," "Drop that Name," and "I'm Going Back (Where I Can Be Me, at the Bonjour Tristesse Brassiere Company)."
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,255
- UPC: 012569591325
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item