Mott The Hoople All the Young Dudes
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 21, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Rolling Stone - p.703.5 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he heavy riffs and hand claps of 'Sucker' and guitarist Mick Ralphs' stadium-ready sludge fest 'Ready for Love/After Lights' gave that Bowie-produced album its vital variety."
Rolling Stone - 12/7/72, p.63"...an extravagant amount of power-driven, rock & roll....they're bound to make it on the strength of this record..."
Uncut - p.1145 stars out of 5 -- "[Bowie's] studio craft sheered up their sound, highlighting Ian Hunter's more focused material..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1254 stars out of 5 -- "'Momma's Little Jewel' and a cover of 'Sweet Jane' reveal staying power."
- 1.SWEET JANE
- 2.MOMMA'S LITTLE JEWEL
- 3.ALL THE YOUNG DUDES
- 5.JERKIN' CROCUS
- 6.ONE OF THE BOYS
- 7.SOFT GROUND
- 8.READY FOR LOVE/AFTER LIGHTS
- 9.SEA DIVER
- 10.ONE OF THE BOYS (DEMO VERSION)
- 11.BLACK SCORPIO (DEMO VERSION)
- 12.RIDE ON THE SUN (DEMO VERSION)
- 13.ONE OF THE BOYS (SINGLE VERSION)
- 14.ALL THE YOUNG DUDES
- 15.SUCKER (LIVE)
- 16.SWEET JANE (LIVE)
In 1973, the members of Mott the Hoople were tired. Island Records had dropped the band after three albums, as sales were low and audience interest was almost non-existent. But the band had a famous fan in David Bowie, who offered to write them one single to give them a leg up. That single was the chart-topping "All the Young Dudes," a glitter-era wink-wink celebration of male bonding that name-checked chart-toppers T. Rex and repositioned the once-laddish band as glammy, androgynous scenesters. Obviously, an album was called for.
Produced by Bowie and opening with a smoking cover of "Sweet Jane" that played a major role in raising public awareness of the Velvet Underground, ALL THE YOUNG DUDES is a brassy, loud, obnoxious--in the best possible sense--rock & roll album. "Sucker" and "One of the Boys" recall the hit, while "Jerkin' Crocus" and "Sea Diver" are as odd as the band's earlier material. An amazing mid-career transformation.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,618
- UPC: 886978788023
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Music (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Rock & Pop: Glam Rock Music Categories:
- American Death Ray Welcome to the Strange and Erotic World of the American Death Ray (CD) ~ $11.68
The Official Unofficial BABYS Album (CD)
$23.42 Super Savings
Room to Grow (CD)
$11.35 Super Savings
Marc Bolan / T. Rex
$67.27 Super Savings
Cockney Rebel / Steve Harley
Cavaliers: An Anthology 1973-1974 (4-CD)
$24.65 Super Savings