Patrick Street Patrick Street
- Released: January 5, 1993
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Green Linnet
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Patrick Street / The Carraroe Jig
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Walter Sammon's Grandmother / Concertina Reel / Brendan McMahon's
- $0.99 on iTunes3.The Holy Ground / The Shores Of Lough Gowna
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Contentment Is Wealth / Have A Drink With Me
- $0.99 on iTunes5.French Canadian Set ("La Cardeuse")
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Loftus Jones
- $0.99 on iTunes7.The Dream / Indiana
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Martin Rochford's Reel / Roll Out The Barrel / The Earl's Chair
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Mrs. O'Sullivan's Jig / Caliope House
- $0.99 on iTunes10.The Man With the Cap
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Full performer name: Kevin Burke/Jackie Daly/Andy Irvine/Arty McGlynn.
Personnel: Kevin Burke (fiddle), Jackie Daly (accordion), Andy Irvine (bouzouki, vocals, mandoline, harmonica), Arty McGlynn (guitar).
Additional personnel: Donal Lunny (keyboard, bodhran).
Recorded at Landsdowne Studios, Dublin from August to October, 1986.
Personnel: Kevin Burke (fiddle); Jackie Daly (accordion); Andy Irvine (vocals, bouzouki, mandolin, harmonica); Arty McGlynn (guitar); D¢nal Lunny (keyboards, bodhran).
Liner Note Author: Patrick Street.
Recording information: Landsdowne Studios, Dublin, Ireland (08/1986-10/1986).
Illustrator: Amelia Stein.
Photographer: Colm Henry.
Arranger: Patrick Street.
To call Patrick Street a "supergroup" is a bit of an understatement. The quartet reunites Planxty founders Donal Lunny --the record's producer -- Andy Irvine, and Arty McGlynn, as well as the Bothy Band fiddler Kevin Burke, and De Danaan guitar player Jackie Daly. Their eponymous debut is a ten-song juggernaut of original and traditional material that showcases all of the member's talents equally. Burke, a master of the Cape Breton style of fiddling as well as traditional Irish playing, displays his chops on the sprightly "French Canadian Set "Le Cardeuse," and effortlessly works his way through Celtic standards like "Loftus Jones." Irvine, a peerless ballad writer who composed the majority of Planxty's finest songs, is the group's primary vocalist and lends his rich voice to the Midwest lament "The Dream/Indiana," Tommy Sands' "Man With the Cap," and Gerry O'Beirne's "Holy Ground." This is impeccably played music that offers little in the way of daring, but to call Patrick Street the band's weakest album is still a compliment, as it remains leagues above the countless others in its' genre. ~ James Christopher Monger
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE