Toad the Wet Sprocket P.S.: A Toad Retrospective
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Better Than Ezra ~ Greatest Hits ~ $13.57
- by Toad the Wet Sprocket ~ New Constellation ~ $14.38
- by Gin Blossoms ~ Outside Looking in: The Best of the Gin Blossoms ~ $8.34
- by Toad the Wet Sprocket ~ Super Hits ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Toad the Wet Sprocket ~ Welcome Home: Live at the Arlington Theatre, Santa Barbara 1992 ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: November 9, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.P.S. (NEW VERSION)
- 2.COME DOWN
- 3.ALL I WANT (REMIX)
- 4.SOMETHING'S ALWAYS WRONG (EDIT)
- 5.GOOD INTENTIONS
- 6.CRAZY LIFE
- 7.COME BACK DOWN
- 8.WALK ON THE OCEAN
- 9.FALL DOWN
- 10.I WILL NOT TAKE THESE THINGS FOR GRANTED
- 11.WAY AWAY
- 13.HOLD HER DOWN (REMIX)
- 14.WHATEVER I FEAR
- 15.EYES WIDE OPEN
- 16.SILO LULLABY
Additional personnel includes: Rob Taylor (guitar); Van Vinikow, Sid Page, Joel Derovin, Armen Garabedian, Tiffany Hu (violin); James Ross, John Scanton (viola); Peter Lenz, Suzie Katayama, Dane Little (cello); Dave Stone (bass); Frank Machia (programming).
Producers include: Brad Nack, Bruce Winter, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Gavin MacKillop, Marvin Etzioni.
Toad came to prominence in the early-'90s, heavily influenced by the jangly alt-rock sound of early R.E.M. In retrospect, the band can be seen as something of a prototype for the alternative-tinged folk-rock renaissance that occured later in the decade with the Counting Crows and lesser groups like Tonic and Third Eye Blind. Toad The Wet Sprocket represented the friendliest possible face of '90s alt-rock, its sound full of feathery harmonies and sunny melodies.
The more pastoral side of the group's sound is exemplified by the breezy "Walk on the Ocean," with its acoustic strumming and languid fretless bass. Contrary to popular myth however, Toad was always capable of shading its style with subtle darkness. "Hold Her Down" (presented here in a remixed version) is an unsettling tale of sexual abuse, and "Fall Down" is a terse, angular rocker. "All I Want" is Toad at its best, a transcendent midtempo tune full of achingly beautiful harmonies, soulful lyricism, and a gentle thoughtfulness clearly at odds with the contemporaneous grunge bands to which Toad existed as a viable alternative.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 47 ratings.
Based on 47 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 42,604
- UPC: 886977136726
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item