Freddy Cannon Where the Action Is: The Very Best, 1964-1981
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Freddy Cannon ~ Best of Freddy Cannon ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Freddy Cannon ~ Boom Boom Rock 'n' Roll: The Best of Freddy Cannon ~ $12.49
- by Peggy March ~ I Will Follow Him - Golden Classics ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Boyce & Hart ~ I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite: The Best of Boyce & Hart ~ $13.99
- by We Five ~ There Stands the Door: The Best of We Five ~ $15.29
- Released: May 7, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Varese Fontana
- 1.Abigail Beecher
- 2.All American Girl
- 3.Little Fender Bender - (previously unreleased)
- 5.It's Happening
- 6.Let Me Show You Where It's At
- 7.Beachwood City
- 8.The Dedication Song
- 9.The Laughing Song
- 11.Rockin' Robin - (previously unreleased)
- 12.In My Wildest Dreams
- 13.Ride, Roller Coaster, Ride - (previously unreleased)
- 14.(We're Gonna) Rock Around the Clock
- 15.Beautiful Downtown Burbank
- 16.Charged-Up, Turned-Up Rock-N-Roll Singer
- 17.Rock & Roll ABC's
- 18.Let's Put the Fun Back in Rock & Roll
Personnel: Freddy Cannon (vocals); Charlie Calello (arranger, conductor); Don McGinniss, Al Capps (arranger); Glen Campbell, James Burton (guitar); Leon Russell (piano); Carol Kaye (bass); Hal Blaine (drums); The Belmonts, David Gates (background vocals).
Producers include: Frank Slay, Bob Crewe, Dick Galasser, Russ Regan, Bob Feldman.
Compilation producer: Cary E. Mansfield.
Recorded between 1964 & 1981. Includes liner notes by Bill Dahl.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl.
Arrangers: Al Capps; Charles Calello.
Most of Cannon's best-known, and best, hits were done for Swan Records in the late '50s and early '60s. This CD, however, focuses on his post-Swan career, a period that saw him land two big hits ("Abigail Beecher" and "Action," both here naturally). All but two of these 18 tracks came out between 1964-1970. Some slight surf/hot rod influences show up on songs like "All American Girl," "Let Me Show You Where It's At," and "Beachwood City"; "In My Wildest Dreams" sounded like Gary Lewis, perhaps unsurprisingly, as Leon Russell (who also worked with Lewis) arranged. There's a remake of "Rock Around the Clock," "Beautiful Downtown Burbank" (based around a running joke on the Laugh-In TV show), and the medley of some his old hits that passed for "Charged-Up, Turned-Up Rock-n-Roll Singer"; the 1974 single "Rock & Roll ABC's" is also here. Three of the songs, including a 1967 remake of "Rockin' Robin," were previously unreleased. ~ Richie Unterberger
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$24.95 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE