- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 16, 2004
- Label: Varese Fontana
Uncut - p.1085 stars out of 5
- "10cc, capable of brilliant singles and sustained feats of satirical invention that played at 33rpm, are the greatest British pop group of the post-Beatles era."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Johnny Don't Do It
- 2.Sand in My Face
- 4.The Dean and I
- 5.Headline Hustler
- 6.Speed Kills
- 7.Rubber Bullets
- 8.The Hospital Song
- 9.Ships Don't Disappear in the Night (Do They?)
- 10.Fresh Air for My Mama
- 11.Hot Sun Rock
- 12.4% of Something
- 14.Bee in My Bonnet
- 15.Donna - (mix, previously unreleased)
- 16.Johnny Don't Do It - (mix, previously unreleased)
- 17.Rubber Bullets - (mix, previously unreleased)
- 18.Dean and I, The - (mix, previously unreleased)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.The Wall Street Shuffle
- 2.The Worst Band in the World
- 4.Old Wild Men
- 5.Clockwork Creep
- 6.Silly Love
- 7.Somewhere in Hollywood
- 8.Baron Samedi
- 9.The Sacro-Illac
- 10.Oh Effendi
- 11.18 Carat Man of Means
- 12.Gismo My Way
- 13.Wall Street Shuffle, The - (mix)
- 14.Worst Band in the World, The - (previously unreleased, DJ version)
10cc includes: Lol Creme, Graham Gouldman, Eric Stewart, Kevin Godley.
THE COMPLETE UK RECORDINGS contains 2 LPs on 2 CDs: 10cc (1973)/SHEET MUSIC (1974).
10cc: Lol Creme (piano); Graham Gouldman (bass guitar); Eric Stewart, Kevin Godley.
Personnel: Graham Gouldman (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, dobro, tambourine); Lol Creme (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, grand piano, electric piano, Mellotron, Moog synthesizer, percussion); Eric Stewart (vocals, electric guitar, slide guitar, Moog synthesizer); Kevin Godley (vocals, drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Eric Stewart.
Liner Note Author: Dawn Eden.
Recording information: Strawberry Studios (U.K.), Manchester, England.
Those looking for a 10cc greatest hits package should be warned that the "UK" in the title of the COMPLETE UK RECORDINGS refers to the name of a record label and not the group's native country. The quirky pop rock band recorded their first two albums on UK Records, and COMPLETE includes the entirety of both albums as well as single mixes, B-sides, alternate takes, and non-album singles.
But diehard 10cc fans (and even casual listeners, once they get over the absence of "Not In Love" and "The Things We Do For Love") will find much of interest on this two-disc set. The two albums, the self-titled debut and SHEET MUSIC, are full of witty songwriting and impressive pop craftsmanship while displaying, on the whole, an inventiveness lacking in the band's later, more commercially oriented soft-rock efforts. So while the COMPLETE UK RECORDINGS is not an ideal sampler of 10cc's entire career, it is great fun, and a must for fans.