Some Kind of Wonderful
by Various Artists
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.09 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.89 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MCA
- 1.Do Anything - Pete Shelley
- 2.Brilliant Mind - Furniture
- 3.Cry Like This - Blue Room
- 4.I Go Crazy - Flesh For Lulu
- 5.She Loves Me - Stephen Duffy
- 6.Hardest Walk, The - Jesus & Mary Chain
- 7.Shyest Time, The - The Apartments
- 8.Miss Amanda Jones - March Violets
- 9.Can't Help Falling In Love - Lick The Tins
- 10.Turn To The Sky - March Violets
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Ronan Heenan (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Greg Whelan, Timothy Whelan (vocals, guitar, piano); Peter "Pops" Walsh, Nick Marsh , Pete Shelley, Stephen Duffy, William Reid, Jim Reid (vocals, guitar); Alison Marr (vocals, pennywhistle); Kevin Mills (vocals, background vocals); James Irvin, David Joyner, Linda Hall, Sally Still (vocals); Rocco Barker (guitar, background vocals); Tom Ashton (guitar); Judy Anderson (piano); Maya Gilder (organ, keyboards); Paul Mansfield, Aiden McCrorey (keyboards); Hamilton Lee (drums, percussion); James Mitchell , James J. Mitchell, Andy Tolson, Geoff Lincoln, Nick Allum (drums); Claire Kenny (tambourine, background vocals); Simon Ryan (percussion).
Audio Remixers: David Jacob; Tom Lord-Alge.
Editor: Bud Smith.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Flesh for Lulu; Blue Room; Furniture; The Jesus and Mary Chain; Lick the Tins; March Violets; Pete Shelley; Stephen Duffy; The Apartments.
No other popular filmmaker in the '80s exhibited a thirst for new wave more than John Hughes. The soundtrack for Hughes' Pretty in Pink exposed such college-radio heroes as New Order, the Psychedelic Furs, the Smiths, and Echo and the Bunnymen to the Top 40 crowd. Consider the Some Kind of Wonderful soundtrack as its even hipper sequel. While the Pretty in Pink soundtrack assembled new wave artists with substantial cult followings, Some Kind of Wonderful digs deeper in the import section; names like Blue Room, Lick the Tins, and the Apartments are probably unfamiliar to the most hardcore of new wave enthusiasts. Nevertheless, the songs are accessible and catchy, as if they were ripped from an underground pop station's nightly countdown. The wounded emotions in Blue Room's piano ballad "Cry Like This" simmer with palpable teen angst; Flesh for Lulu's "I Go Crazy" is high-spirited synth pop with glam rock guitars; and Furniture's brooding "Brilliant Mind" reflects the icy detachment of adolescent depression. The March Violets also transform the Rolling Stones' "Miss Amanda Jones" into a new wave singalong, while the Apartments sneak coy indie pop onto a major label. Lick the Tins' remake of "Can't Help Falling in Love" encapsulates the innocence of teen love with its little-girl vocals. The Some Kind of Wonderful soundtrack offers minor-leaguers an opportunity to play for the masses, and each one scores a home run. ~ Michael Sutton
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Kristina Från Duvemåla: Den Kompletta Utgåvan (3-CD)
$43.11 Super Savings
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Top Gun (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Expanded) (CD)
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE