Pulp Fiction [MCA Collectors Edition] (2-CD)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$2.02 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Soundtrack ~ From Dusk Til Dawn [Original Soundtrack] ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Soundtrack ~ Jackie Brown [Orginal Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $13.49
- by Soundtrack ~ Kill Bill, Volume 1 ~ $10.78
- by Soundtrack ~ Kill Bill, Volume 2 ~ $11.32
- by Soundtrack ~ Reservoir Dogs [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] ~ $9.89
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 20, 2002
- Label: MCA
Rolling Stone - 12/29/94-1/12/95, p.178"...PULP FICTION isn't...a head spinner, but it's terrific twang-bar rockers...and '70s R&B...form the funky sun around which such campy planets as the Statler Brothers and Urge Overkill...revolve..."
Rolling Stone - 9/19/02, p.1104 stars out of 5 - "...This set expands the original killer soundtrack release by including 4 songs originally left off but used in the film..."
Entertainment Weekly - 10/12/01, p.32Ranked #28 in EW's "100 Best Movie Soundtracks"
Entertainment Weekly - 12/16/94, pp.64-66"...a mix of savvy oldies and surf instrumentals....the album also incorporates funny dialogue snippets from the movie..." - Rating: A
Q - 11/94, p.1483 Stars - Good - "...an inspired and effervescent mix of the unlikely, the kitschy, the off the wall and the defiantly in your face..."
Uncut - 11/02, p.1324 stars out of 5 - "...A modern classic of the genre."
NME (Magazine) - 10/22/94, p.478 - Excellent - "...Quentin Tarantino loves pop music, and like Martin Scorsese before him, he understands its dramatic narrative potential...Tarantino scores another bullseye with the eclectic mix on PULP FICTION..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Pumpkin And Honey Bunny (dialogue) / Misirlou - Dick Dale & His Del-Tones
- 2.Royale With Cheese - (dialogue)
- 3.Jungle Boogie - Kool & The Gang
- 4.Let's Stay Together - Al Green
- 5.Bustin' Surfboards - The Tornadoes
- 6.Lonesome Town - Ricky Nelson
- 7.Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
- 8.Zed's Dead, Baby (dialogue) / Bullwinkle Part II - The Centurions
- 9.Jack Rabbit Slim's Twist Contest (dialogue) / You Can Never Tell - Chuck Berry
- 10.Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon - Urge Overkill
- 11.If Love Is A Red Dress (Hang Me In Rags) - Maria McKee
- 12.Bring Out The Gimp (dialogue) / Comanche - The Revels
- 13.Flowers On The Wall - The Statler Brothers
- 14.Personality Goes A Long Way - (dialogue)
- 15.Surf Rider - The Lively Ones
- 16.Ezekiel 25:17 - (dialogue)
- 17.Since I First Met You - The Robins
- 18.Rumble - Link Wray & His Ray Men
- 19.Strawberry Letter #23 - The Brothers Johnson
- 20.Out Of Limits - The Marketts
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Interview With Quentin Tarantino
Also available with RESERVOIR DOGS as a 2-CD set.
This collector's edition contains 4 additional tracks plus a bonus interview disc with director Quentin Tarantino.
Pumped with the same sweaty adrenaline as the movie, the soundtrack for PULP FICTION is an audio example of why director Quentin Tarantino was the most talked-about filmmaker of the 1990s. Meshing snippets of dialogue with a diverse and powerful soundtrack, PULP FICTION is dripping with the same seedy tension that characterizes Tarantino's films.
There are moments of elegance too. Al Green's luxurious "Let's Stay Together" and Dusty Springfield's throaty "Son of a Preacher Man" show that the heart of a romantic beats behind Tarantino's mischievous grin. A generous sampling of surf rock from the likes of Dick Dale & his Del-Tones and the Tornadoes adds to the chaotic atmosphere of the three different stories within the film.
The soundtrack for PULP FICTION is another homage to Tarantino's great love affair with American rock. The tongue-in-cheek delivery of Neil Diamond's "Girl You'll Be a Woman Soon," as done by Urge Overkill, brushes against the lonely-criminal sentiment of Ricky Nelson's gorgeous "Lonesome Town." Tarantino is definitely hip, and PULP FICTION's soundtrack will make you respect his ear for detail even if you haven't seen the film.
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 165 ratings.
Based on 165 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!