Paint Your Wagon (1969 Film)
by Various Artists
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 12, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: MCA
- 1.I'm on My Way (Main Title from Paint Your Wagon) - (main title)
- 2.I Still See Elisa
- 3.The First Thing You Know
- 4.Hand Me Down That Can O' Beans
- 5.They Call the Wind Maria
- 6.A Million Miles Away Behind the Door
- 7.There's a Coach Comin' In
- 8.Whoop-Ti-Ay! (Shivaree)
- 9.I Talk to the Trees
- 10.The Gospel of No Name City
- 11.Best Things
- 12.Wand'rin Star
- 13.Gold Fever
Performers include: The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, Jean Seberg.
Audio Mixers: Kevin Cleary; Thorne Nogar.
Recording information: 1969.
Illustrator: David Stone Martin.
The movie Paint Your Wagon was an attempt to update the plot of an old stage musical by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe, with new songs by Andr‚ Previn and Lerner. The soundtrack is a peculiar release; in purely musical terms, it would only be of interest to dedicated fans of Harve Presnell (who performs "They Call the Wind Maria") and Anita Gordon, who acquits herself well singing Jean Seberg's part on "A Million Miles Away Behind the Door." It is Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin, however, who do more of the singing here, and while they might not be of much interest musically, there is a certain "Golden Throats"-type allure to their songs. Neither reveals any hidden musical talents, though Eastwood does the better job of the two on his songs, particularly "I Still See Elisa." The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band also spent time working on the movie, both on camera and on the soundtrack, but their major surviving contribution is "Hand Me Down That Can O' Beans," in which they share the spotlight vocally with Lee Marvin and a male chorus; it adds nothing to their output. Harve Presnell's rendition of "They Call the Wind Maria" brings a suitably operatic approach to the piece, but it is marred by Nelson Riddle's overly busy orchestral arrangement. The original LP came with a souvenir booklet that made it an expensive release but didn't enhance its sales -- Paint Your Wagon was a perennial cutout album. The MCA CD sounds OK, but the souvenir booklet has been consigned to history. ~ Bruce Eder
Alfred NewmanHow the West Was Won (Motion Picture Soundtrack Anthology)...
$17.06 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 48 ratings.
Based on 48 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Mary Poppins [Remastered Original Soundtrack / Bonus Tracks] (CD)
$13.58 Super Savings
The Sound of Music [35th Anniversary Soundtrack + Bonus... (CD)
$5.97 Super Savings
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE