Animal House (20th Anniversary)
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 22, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: MCA
- 1.Faber College Theme - Elmer Bernstein
- 2.Louie, Louie - John Belushi
- 3.Twistin' The Night Away - Sam Cooke
- 4.Tossin' And Turnin' - Bobby Lewis
- 5.Shama Lama Ding Dong - Lloyd Williams
- 6.Hey Paula - Paul & Paula
- 7.Animal House - Stephen Bishop
- 9.Money (That's What I Want) - John Belushi
- 10.Let's Dance - Chris Montez
- 11.Dream Girl - Stephen Bishop
- 12.Wonderful World, (What A) - Sam Cooke
- 13.Shout - Lloyd Williams
- 14.Faber College Theme - Elmer Bernstein
NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE (20th Anniversary Edition) is an Enhanced CD containing both a full audio program as well as multimedia computer files with trailers and EPK from ANIMAL HOUSE.
Original score by Elmer Bernstein.
Recorded at RCA Studio, New York, New York and Sound Factory West, Hollywood, California.
Digitally remastered using 20-bit technology by Dan Hersch at DigiPrep, Hollywood, California.
Personnel: Chris Montez, John Belushi, Lloyd Williams, Sam Cooke (vocals); Jay Berliner (acoustic guitar); Jeff Layton, Melvin "Wah Wah" Ragin, Bob Rose (electric guitar); Fred Jackson, Jr. (tenor saxophone); Dennis Morouse (baritone saxophone, horns); George Young (horns); Paul Griffin (piano, background vocals); Rob Mounsey (electric piano, background vocals); Dean Gant (keyboards); Gary Mure, James Gadson (drums); George Devens, Errol Crusher Bennett, Jack Ashford (percussion); Brenda White, Melvin Britt, Claudia Ricks, Sidney Juston, Gwen Guthrie, Kenny Vance, Philip Namanworth (background vocals).
Audio Remixer: Joe Ferla.
Recording information: RCA Studio, New York, NY; Sound Factory West, Hollywood, CA.
Arrangers: Rob Mounsey; Paul Griffin .
Animal House is a classic frat-house comedy, full of low-brow humor and outrageously entertaining vulgarity. The soundtrack nearly captures that atmosphere on record, even though it has a couple of flaws. The meat of the soundtrack lies in a selection of great rock & roll and R&B oldies, including Chris Montez's "Let's Dance," and Bobby Lewis' "Tossin and Turnin'," Paul & Paula's "Hey Paula," and Sam Cooke's "Twistin' the Night Away" and "Wonderful World." No matter how good these tracks are -- and they are great -- their impact is lessened by the re-recorded oldies from Lloyd Williams ("Shout," "Shama Lama Ding Dong") and John Belushi ("Money," "Louie Louie"), as well as two light-weight Steven Bishop songs and Elmer Bernstein's instrumental "Faber College Theme." While those songs reflect the boozy pleasures of the movie, they don't sound quite as good when isolated on record. Nevertheless, the soundtrack remains a good party -- even if its momentum sags occasionally. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
National Lampoon's Animal House (Double Secret Probation... (DVD)
$11.14 LABOR DAY
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Hawaiian Eye (Original Music & Stars From The TV Show) (CD)
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Songs, Themes & Laughs From "The Andy Griffith Show" (CD)
$5.07 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE