The Lone Ranger
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Western Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 9 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: June 18, 2002
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jay Silverheels, Clayton Moore & Glenn Strange|
|Directed by||George B. Seitz, Jr.|
|Written by||George B. Seitz, Jr.|
|Cinematography by||Mack Stengler|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Clayton Moore stars as the legendary Lone Ranger with Jay Silverheels as his faithful Indian companion, Tonto, in this story of the origins of the West's most mysterious hero.
Six Texas Rangers, led by Captain Dan Reid, set out to capture the notorious Cavendish gang. They are led into a trap as they ride through the narrow path in the cliffs known as Bryant's Gap where they are brutally ambushed. All of the Rangers are shot and left for dead. Tonto, a Mohawk Indian scout, happens upon the scene of the massacre and discovers one of the Rangers half alive. Carrying the badly wounded man to the shelter of a nearby cave, Tonto nurses him back to health. The survivor, John Reid tells his story to Tonto and the two become friends.
Wearing a mask as a memorial to his fallen comrades and to protect his identity, armed with silver bullets, astride the magnificent white stallion, Silver, The Lone Ranger is born, vowing to bring justice to the Cavendish gang. The Lone Ranger will go on to strike fear and terror into the hearts of all who would do evil in the old west.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 34 ratings.
A classic story, classic character,which led to one of T.V.'s most legendary shows. The Superman of westerns, as in TRUTH JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY. Just what seems in need these days in times of a shakey identity crisis for America, and Americans, and how the world sees us.
Return to those thrilling days of yesteryear when good valued television!
In this dvd, you'll learn the origin of one of America's greatest heroes... the Lone Ranger and his companion Tonto
I am a large Lone Ranger and classic television fan an this is one of the gretest examples of classic television. I reccomend it for kids and adults as I am a kid myself. Hi-Yo Silver Away!!!
- Sales Rank: 3,337
- UPC: 089218315298
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE