For Me And My Gal
Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$15 (75% Off)|
- Easter Parade ~ $7.57
- Easter Parade (Full Screen) (2-DVD) ~ $24.10
- Easter Parade (2-DVD Special Edition / Full Frame) ~ $24.10
- Meet Me in St. Louis (Special Edition) (2-DVD) ~ $23.64
- Meet Me in St. Louis (Blu-ray, DigiBook) ~ $21.63
- Commentary by Garland biographer John Fricke
- 2 Vintage Musical Shorts: "La Fiesta De Santa Barbara" & "Every Sunday For Me And My Gal" deleted finale
- "Three Cheers For The Yanks" Outtake
- Audio Only Bonus & Radio Promo
- Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 6, 2004
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Judy Garland, Gene Kelly & George Murphy|
|Performer:||Stephen McNally, Marta Eggerth, Ben Blue, Keenan Wynn, Richard Quine & George Murphy|
|Directed by||Busby Berkeley|
|Edited by||Ben Lewis|
|Screenwriting by||Jack McGowan, Fred F. Finklehoffe, Richard Sherman, Irving Brecher & Sid Silvers|
|Composition by||Roger Edens & George Stoll|
|Produced by||Arthur Freed|
|Director of Photography:||William H. Daniels|
Description by OLDIES.com:
After a late-night cup of coffee, vaudevillians Jo Hayden and Harry Palmer sit at a piano and work a song. Moments later, Jo realizes she's found exactly what she wasn't looking for: a partner. And with Judy Garland as Jo and Gene Kelly as Harry, the partnership isn't just ideal. It's a film fan's dream come true.
Kelly debuts and Garland dazzles in this Busby Berkeley-directed tale of a song-and-dance pair who take on tank towns, tough times and World War I while struggling for show-biz success. A hit parade of era tunes paces the film, including the wowser "Ballin' The Jack" and the sweetly harmonized title tune. Bursting with vitality and old-fashioned charm, For Me And My Gal is for the ages.
The score is filled with old favorites from World War I, including "Beautiful Doll," "You Were a Tulip," "Over There," "Long, Long Trail," and "Oui, Oui, Marie," but it's Kelly and Garland's sublime rendition of the title tune that lingers. It became a best-selling record at the time, and the movie was also a major hit. With its panoramic scope of war, seduction, betrayal, and redemption, FOR ME AND MY GAL is an American musical of rare emotion and power.
- Theatrical release: October 1942.
- FOR ME AND MY GAL features the screen debut for actor, dancer, choreographer, and director Gene Kelly.
- Director Busby Berkeley has been quoted as saying this was his favorite of the movies he directed.
- The film's song score consists of old favorites that belong to the World War I period, including: "For Me and My Gal," "Beautiful Doll," "You Were a Tulip," "Over There," "Long, Long Trail," and "Oui, Oui, Marie."
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 92 ratings.