The Irish Rovers The Best of Irish Rovers
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$6.74 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.24 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 9, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: MCA
- 1.The Unicorn
- 2.Liverpool Lou
- 3.The Orange and the Green
- 4.Lily the Pink
- 5.Did She Mention My Name
- 6.The Irish Rover
- 7.Whiskey on a Sunday (The Puppet Song)
- 8.The Biplane "Evermore"
- 9.Mrs. Crandall's Boarding House
- 10.Winken, Blinken and Nod
- 11.Goodbye Mrs. Durkin
- 12.The Black Velvet Band
- 13.Years May Come, Years May Go
- 14.The Marvelous Toy
- 15.Goodbye Mick and Goodbye Pat
- 16.Nancy Whiskey
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Full title: The Best Of The Irish Rovers.
Recorded between 1966 and 1971. Originally released on Decca. Includes liner notes and interviews with band members by Todd Everett.
Liner Note Author: Todd Everett.
Recording information: 10/10/1966-07/06/1971.
Arrangers: Milton Okun; Will Millar; Charles Bud Dant.
Somewhere between Bing Crosby's vocal novelties back in the '40s and the current popularity of dance troupes like Riverdance and Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance, the flag of Irish music was held aloft in North America during the '60s by the success of the Irish Rovers. Patterning themselves after the Clancy Brothers (another popular group during the folk boom of the late '50s and early '60s), the group scored their 15 minutes of fame with the children's novelty, "The Unicorn," included here on Best of Irish Rovers. But the group was no children's novelty act, as witnessed by the preponderance of straight-ahead Irish drinking songs that spice up this 16-track collection. Highlights include "The Irish Rover," "Whiskey on a Sunday," "Mrs. Crandall's Boarding House," Lucy Simon's "Winken, ' Blinken' and Nod," "Nancy Whiskey," "Goodbye Mick and Goodbye Pat," and Gordon Lightfoot's "Did She Mention My Name." Those who are only familiar with the group's one big hit will find much to love in this collection. Excellent notes from Todd Everett, too. ~ Cub Koda
The Irish Rovers20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best...
$13.58 LABOR DAY
The Irish RoversThe Boys of Belfast: A Collection of Irish Favorites
Upon a Shamrock Shore: Songs of Ireland & the Irish (CD)
$6.74 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 33 ratings.
Based on 33 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the World Music genre:
- Various Artists Scottish Traditional Fiddle Music (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Gipsy Boys Best Of The Hot Club De France, V.1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Clancy Brothers / David Hammond Irish Traditional Folk Songs (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Benedict Silberman Orchestra and Chorus Traditional Jewish Melodies (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Cafe Paris (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE