- Released: November 3, 1992
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
Q - 5/93, p.1083 Stars
- Good - "...acknowledged masters of the craft are represented here....the vigor of Cajun tradition is clear: a world where it's always Saturday night..."
Dirty Linen - Apr/May 93, p.92
"...Since most of the essential Cajun artists either are or have been signed to Rounder at one time, the 60-plus minutes provide a highly danceable overview to the genre...a great party disc..."
- 1.Coeur des Cajuns (Heart of the Cajuns) - Bruce Daigrepont
- 2.Grand Bois, Les - Jo-El Sonnier
- 3.Pointe aux Pins, La - Mamou Playboys / Steve Riley
- 4.J'Aurais du T'Aimer (I Should Have Loved You) - Jimmy C. Newman
- 5.Rolling Pin - Beausoleil
- 6.Balfa Waltz - David Doucet
- 7.Grande Bosco - Eddie LeJeune
- 8.Allons A Lafayette - Jo-El Sonnier
- 9.Arc en Ciel (Over the Rainbow) - Bruce Daigrepont
- 10.Like a Real Cajun - Cajun Brew / Michael Doucet
- 11.Bague Que Brille, La (The Ring That Shines) - Jimmy C. Newman / Cajun Country
- 12.High Point Two-Step - Mamou Playboys / Steve Riley
- 13.Little Black Eyes - D.L. Menard
- 14.T'En as Eu - David Doucet
- 15.Autre Soir Ennuyant, Un (Another Lonely Night) - David Doucet
- 16.Bayou Pon Pon - Zachary Richard
- 17.Valse B?b? - Beausoleil
- 18.Water Pump, The - D.L. Menard
- 19.Ton Papa - David Doucet
- 20.Tit Cord, La (The Little String) - Jimmy C. Newman
- 21.Dans la Porte Je Suis Apr?s Esp?rer (In the Door Waiting) - Eddie LeJeune
- 22.J'Ai Pass? Devant Ta Porte - Cajun Brew / Michael Doucet
- 23.Jolie Blonde - Zachary Richard
- 24.Flammes d'Enfer, Les - Jo-El Sonnier
Performers include: D.L. Menard, David Doucet, Steve Riley, Jo-El Sonnier, Beausoleil, Jimmy C. Newman, Bruce Daigrepont, Zachary Richard, Eddie LeJeune.
Lyricists: Eddie LeJeune; Michael Doucet.
Personnel: Bruce Daigrepont (vocals, guitar, accordion); D.L. Menard, David Doucet, Tommy Shreve (vocals, guitar); Al Tharp (vocals, electric guitar, banjo, fiddle); Michael Doucet (vocals, electric guitar, violin, fiddle, percussion); David Greely, Waylon Thibodeaux (vocals, fiddle); Zachary Richard (vocals, accordion, background vocals); Eddie LeJeune, Jo-El Sonnier, Steve Riley (vocals, accordion); Cruz Fruge (vocals, drums); Jimmy C. Newman (vocals); Tina Pilione, Kevin Barzas (guitar, acoustic guitar); Merlin Fontenot (guitar, fiddle); Dan Drilling, Hubert Maitre, Scott Goudeau (guitar); Sonny Landreth (electric guitar); Tommy Comeaux (steel guitar, lap steel guitar, mandolin, electric bass); Joe Rogers , Jay Stutes, Josh Graves (dobro); Niles Hokkanen (mandolin); Jonno Frishberg (violin, electric violin); Lionel LeLeux (violin); Gina Forsyth, Ken Smith , Rufus Thibodeaux (fiddle); Pat Breaux (accordion, saxophone); Jimmy Breaux (accordion, drums); Bessyl Duhon (accordion); Earl Poole Ball, Roscoe Horton, David Scott Cash, Sue Daigrepont (piano); Craig Lege (keyboards); Roy M. "Junior" Husky, John Stewart (upright bass); Michael Chapman , Charles Landry, Claude Thomas, Kenneth Blevins, Tommy Alesi, Buddy Harmon (drums); Christine Balfa (triangle); Billy Ware (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Ben Sandmel.
Recording information: Southboro, MA.
Editor: Toby Mountain.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Gina Forsyth; Claude Thomas.
Arrangers: David Doucet; Eddie LeJeune; Jo-El Sonnier; Mamou Playboys; Michael Doucet; Rufus Thibodeaux; Zachary Richard.