- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 21, 2011
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: S'more Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Elizabeth Taylor &
Joyce Van Patten,
Mark L. Taylor &
Allan Jacobs &
Jacqueline Feather &
Director of Photography:
Philip H. Lathrop
Entertainment gossip columnists Louella Parsons and Hedda Hopper wielded the power to make or break movie legends -- and they never hesitated to use it.
Alas, ink from their saber-like pens could not flow forever.
This Tinseltown tale begins in 1944 with a restaurant meeting between the two rivals. Passers-by looked twice in disbelief at the female pairing.
Parsons reflects on her arrival in L.A. in 1928 and her climb to the top of the Hollywood hype machine; Wannabe actress Hopper was trying to get in front of the camera. But Hopper often served as Parsons' inside snoop. She dug up secrets about stars and gave them to Parsons to feed to the masses.
All the while, they forged a mutual admiration society of two... based on ruthlessness and jealousy.
Based On A Novel |
Made-For-Network TV |
Movie Stars |
Period Piece |
Television Programs |
- Because this film concerns the lives of two Hollywood gossip columnists, several screen legends are portrayed, including Orson Wells, Louis B. Mayer, Joseph Cotten and Carole Lombard.
- Additional cast: Thomas Byrd (William Hopper); Joel Colodner; Mary McCusker; Eric Purcell; Vernon Weddle; Helen Baron; Thomas Bellin; Robert Darnell; Christine Dickinson; Edith Fields; Lyla Graham; Anne Haney; Mindi Iden; Leigh Kavanaugh; Amelia Laurenson; Galen Thompson; and Gary Wayne.
- Additional credits: George Eels (source writer: from novel "Hedda & Louella"); John D. Jeffries (art director);
- "Malice in Wonderland" was first broadcast on CBS-TV in May of 1985.