Blue Trail of Sorrow: 16 Top Bluegrass Gems
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: October 2, 2001
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
Mojo (Publisher) - 2/02, p.97"...Boasts 16 old-timers and modernists in various fine couplings...criminally infectious..."
- 1.I'll Remember You Love in My Prayers - Dan Tyminski / Alison Krauss
- 2.You Don't Love God If You Don't Love Your Neighbor - Rhonda Vincent
- 3.Man of Constant Sorrow - Tim O'Brien / Tony Furtado
- 4.Cruel Willie - Connie & Babe / Red Roberts
- 5.Bringing in the Georgia Mail - Norman Blake
- 6.Owl Feather - John Hartford / Mike Compton
- 7.Cotton Eyed Joe - The Freight Hoppers
- 8.Time Is Winding Up - Ginny Hawker / Carol Elizabeth Jones
- 9.Blue Trail of Sorrow - Dan Tyminski / Alison Krauss
- 10.Wild Bill Jones - Dirk Powell
- 11.Meet Me in the Moonlight - The Stanley Brothers
- 12.When I Went Down in the Valley to Pray - Dry Branch Fire Squad
- 13.Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven - Alison Krauss / The Cox Family
- 14.Conversation with Death, A - Lloyd Chandler
- 15.Crazy Heart - Jason King / James King
- 16.Hills of Home - Hazel Dickens
Compilation producers: Brad San Martin, Ken Irwin, Steve Netsky.
Includes liner notes by Jon Hartley Fox.
Personnel: Ralph Stanley (vocals, tenor, banjo); Alison Krauss (vocals, tenor, fiddle); Ray Deaton, Charles Leet (vocals, bass voice); Chris Sharp, Dan Tyminski, Jim Miller, Norman Blake, Carter Stanley, Cary Fridley (vocals, guitar); Frank Lee, Bob Carlin (vocals, banjo); Tim O'Brien (vocals, mandolin, fiddle); Mike Compton (vocals, mandolin); John Hartford (vocals, fiddle); Ginny Hawker, Hazel Dickens, James King , Evelyn Cox, Lloyd Chandler, Rhonda Vincent, Ron Thomason (vocals); Dudley Connell (tenor, guitar); Suzanne Thomas, Carol Elizabeth Jones (tenor); Mary Jo Leet (baritone); Ron Block (guitar, banjo); Christine Balfa, Connie Gately, Tommy Goldsmith, Jim Mills, Nick Forster (guitar); Jerry Douglas , Tut Taylor (dobro); John Herrmann, Larry Perkins, Tom Adams, Tony Furtado (banjo); Adam Steffey, Bill Napier (mandolin); Chubby Anthony, Dirk Powell, Dave Bass , Tim Smith , Rod Stewart, Ron Stewart, Blaine Sprouse (fiddle); Barry Bales (acoustic bass); Kenny Malone (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Jon Hartley Fox; Jim Fox.
Recording information: WNER, Live Oak, FL (1959).
Arrangers: Connie Gately; Ginny Hawker; Ron Thomason; Carol Elizabeth Jones.
Rounder's excellent Blue Trail of Sorrow: 16 Top Bluegrass Gems compilation collects 16 woeful tracks from some of contemporary bluegrass and folk's finest practitioners, including Rhonda Vincent ("You Don't Love God If You Don't Love Your Neighbor"), Dry Branch Fire Squad ("When I Went Down in the Valley to Pray"), Alison Krauss & Union Station ("Blue Trail of Sorrow"), and Hazel Dickens ("Hills of Home"). ~ James Christopher Monger
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE