Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 22, 2011
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Deleted Scenes - 20 Minutes of never-before-seen clips from an alternate cut of the film
- Cast Interview - A 1986 Interview with Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and Martin Short as they discuss the making of Three Amigos!
- Cast Reunion Commemorative Booklet - 16-page booklet featuring the film's Cast and Director Reuniting and reminiscing after 25 years (courtesy of Empire Magazine)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English, French, Spanish
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 12/12/1986
"...A strain of subtle wit....Friendlier than most..."
Variety - 12/10/1986
"...Moments of brilliant humor....[The scenes] shine with all the inventiveness these comedians can muster..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/12/1986
"...Incredibly, outrageously and breathtakingly silly....A goofy delight..."
Film Comment - 11/01/2011
"Landis's film is gleeful in its artificiality, from the amigos' garish caballero costuming to the painted sunset backdrop of their Randy Newman-penned musical number..."
A.V. Club - 12/14/2011
"Martin's script -- co-written with SNL producer Lorne Michaels and songwriter Randy Newman -- is full of inspired bits of comic business..." -- Grade: B
When a villainous bandit terrorizes her small Mexican village, a real-life damsel in distress (Patrice Martinez) enlists the help of three goofy singing cowboy Hollywood stars--mistakenly believing that they are as heroic in person as they are onscreen. Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and Martin Short star as the swashbuckling Three Amigos! The wimpy actors think they are going south of the border to perform a one-time show for a large fee. When they are fired from their studio, they have no choice but to accept the offer and head south for the show of a lifetime. As they arrive in the tiny oppressed village, they begin to realize that they are caught in a horrible case of mistaken identity and must truly fight for their lives against the evil marauder El Guapo (Alfonso Arau). They cowardly run for their lives and the village is almost destroyed until they realize the importance of their mission and are forced to use real cunning and bravery to try to defeat the villain and his hordes in order to prove that the Three Amigos! were truly as courageous and heroic as they appeared onscreen. This hilarious spoof of old-fashioned Westerns features marvelous physical comedy from its strong cast.
- Alfonso Arau, who plays the villainous El Guapo, would later direct the art-house hit LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE as well as the Keanu Reeves film A WALK IN THE CLOUDS.
- "Do you have anything else besides Mexican food'"--Dusty Bottoms (Chevy Chase) to poor Mexican family