Alison Krauss New Favorite
|CYBER SALE:||$12.15 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.83 (32% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 14, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
Q - 9/01, p.1103 stars out of 5 - "...Pretty much the usual, if still wonderful, music from Krauss and Union Square..."
CMJ - 8/27/01, p.28"...traditional folk that grows full and spooky..."
No Depression - 9-10/01, p.138"...NEW FAVORITE delivers, which is plenty..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 9/01, p.93"...The bluegrass scene is now officially in touch with its feminine side..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Alison Kraus & Union Station: Alison Krauss (vocals, fiddle, viola); Ron Block (vocals, guitar, banjo); Dan Tyminski (vocals, guitar, mandolin); Barry Bales (vocals, bass); Jerry Douglas (dobro).
Additional personnel includes: Larry Atamanuik (drums, percussion).
Recorded at Seventeen Grand Recording, Nashville, Tennessee.
NEW FAVORITE won the 2002 Grammy Award for Best Bluegrass Album. "The Lucky One" won the 2002 Grammy Award for Best Country Performance by A Duo Or Group With Vocal and for Best Country Song.
NEW FAVORITE finds Alison Krauss & Union Station continuing to solidify the bridge between the worlds of pop and bluegrass that they helped forge in the '90s. Krauss's crystalline vocals continue to induce goosebumps and bring to mind a young Dolly Parton on the delicate ballads "I'm Gone," "Crazy Faith," and "Momma Cried" along with more traditional-sounding fare like the high lonesome "Take Me For Longing." With its musical democracy still intact, Union Station also delights with new member Jerry Douglas' fleet-fingered instrumental workout "Choctaw Hayride" and a dark-hued interpretation of the traditional "The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn" delivered by Dan Tyminski's supple tenor. (Tyminski's vocals may strike a recognizable note as his voice replaced George Clooney's on "I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow," a musical centerpiece on the O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU? soundtrack).
Once again Krauss takes a non-traditional bluegrass approach towards picking material. Among the artists interpreted are legendary country-folk banjo player Dock Boggs ("Bright Sunny South"), '70s singer-songwriter Dan Fogelberg ("Stars"), fellow New Traditionalists Gillian Welch and David Rawlings (the title track), and Rounder labelmate Robert Lee Castleman ("Let Me Touch You For Awhile," "The Lucky One").
Three Wooden Crosses: 17 Inspirational Songs From Today's... (CD)
$14.69 CYBER SALE
Paul Simon and Friends - The Library of Congress Gereshwin... (DVD)
$16.18 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 149 ratings.
Based on 149 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Jacksonville City Nights [Australian Bonus Track] (CD)
$12.35 CYBER SALE
Country: Bluegrass Music Categories:
- Eddie Adcock Classic Country Gents Reunion (CD) ~ $9.88 CYBER SALE
- Eddie Adcock Dixie Fried (CD) ~ $10.86 CYBER SALE
- Eddie Adcock Spirited (CD) ~ $11.70 CYBER SALE
- Eddie Adcock Talk to Your Heart (CD) ~ $10.86 CYBER SALE
- Darin & Brooke Aldridge Snapshots (CD) ~ $15.14 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE